Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
some guys from a houston mustang club told me that yamaha requires liability only on new bikes that are finaced under $10k. i cant afford full coverage insurance($6k per year[:0]) on a new 636, so the new 04 R1 seems to be in my future. i wont decide until i sit on the new R1 to see how it feels.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Just buy the 636 from usuing the Kawi credit card and the insurance companies think you paid cash for the bike since its on a credit card..Then you can get just liability coverage..

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
nice boobs chevy thunder....i mean really nice

hey arturo, why you need a new bike? dont you have a 2001 model?

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Hey Art, I just called Pasadena Kawi. The same applies.:D

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i dont need a new bike or a bike, but i want to start new and not keep up my rebuilt bike.

i have the kawi credit card and have $5k limit on it, i was told that the finacial company is through kawi and still requires you to have full coverage, thats to make up their loss in case its totaled.

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well i guess the kawi dealer down the street from me is lying. thanks ed, things are looking up for the new 10r or 6rr:D

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
;)

Either Pasadena or Highlands Kawi is your best bet. Those are the only two I'd ever deal with.
Highlands (281)426-4216.

·
Registered
361 Posts
two things
1 your kawi card should go through household financial and anything under 10 grand can have liabilty olny on it

2 try state farm ins for full cause i pay right at 1000 a yr with a 250 deductable. a friend here at work pays 1200 with a 500ded on a 954 and he is 22

·
Registered
471 Posts
I almost got an R6, both finance companies are household financial.
If the rule applies for yamaha it should for kawasaki.
I was told by the dealer both require full coverage!

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
Most, if not all, states require replacement insurance (collision and comprehensive) to be carried on all encumbered property.

I call BS. A huge portion of Yahama's sales are under $10K. They're not going to let millions of dollars worth of often crashed and totaled bikes run around without some kind of protection.

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i was told that the finacial company is through kawi and still requires you to have full coverage, thats to make up their loss in case its totaled
thats what i thought about kawi too. difrent info from diffrent dealers is messed up.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
The most expensive part is the theft insurance. I have collision and comprehensive and it costs me about 800 a year but to add theft it goes up to over 2000 per year.

·
Registered
534 Posts
I thought as long as the amount that your front is more than you finance, it qualifies you for liability. well...thats what my dealership told me. I opted full coverage $278/year! with state farm. I guess they give you some sort of discount if you have another policy with them (my car). liability wouldve been $156/year. My State Farm Agent also said the said thing about the amount put down vs. what's being financed. You might wanna run that by with your insurance agent.

·
Registered
47 Posts
In Florida, you don't have to have ANY insurance if the bike is under $10k.

So far, the best quote I got for insurance was $1600 for full coverage... I'm 23 with a spotless driving record too.:(

If anyone sees this that lives in Florida, please let me know if you found a company with good rates.

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
the insurance is the only reason i have to wait and see. better start saving my pennies for a left over 03[V]

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Arturo, I got mine on the Kawi card and only had to get liability. I pay $125 a year for liability only, the lowest amount of full coverage would have been $1400, which is outrageous for the limited riding season here in NY.
It must be different state to state.

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i have the kawi card and have $5k to spend, i might put it on my other credit card though.

·
Registered
156 Posts
$6k a year for insurance? dayumn! here for my 98 full coverage is $475 a year....but then again i told the insurance co. a bunch of BS too ;)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.