Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let me start by saying that I LOVE my bike.

BUT, one of the reasons I got the kawi is cause I didn't think I could afford to insure a s4r...Well I just found out I could.....BUT what started all this was riding my dads 06 FZR-1...That bike was a riot to ride, and I was able to have a ton of speed at levels much closer to the posted speed limits:D

The kawi to me at least isn't really comfortable until you are going over 60 mph for a longer distance, cause when I do rides where I have to keep it slower I end up having alot of problems with my elbows, writs and knees....(25 and I have arthritus) AND I have found that the power band of a 600 is too tempting to go really fast and that is when I have the MOST fun is over 60-70 in the twisties. But considering that I already have 2 points from my hijinx I need to calm it down some......and that is when I get back to the speeds that drive my joints insane.

And that is where I come back to a naked bike, they are just alot more fun and alot more confortable to ride, and I would imagine alot more license friendly too.....So this week I will be talking to the ducati dealer about a trade in on my 06 636 for either a S4R or S4Rs.....I know I will get beat badly in trade, but I figure if I do it now, or next year I will loose my shirt. BUT the thing that will decide if I can do anything is if I can walk away from my bike with money to flip on to the duck or at least walk away free and clear, I did put 3k down and buy the extended warranty so I shouldn't get raped too badly....BUT in the end before I had this I had a 03 race quad and I wasn't able to sell it so I traded that in for the kawi, so if now I can flip this into something my body can deal with more I would be stoked.....THAT and I would still like to wait to see what comes out of the new bike releases coming up soon.....

but this site has been so rad and a fun place to hang out so I will def stick around if I get a duck....the ducati sites are so freaking slow and nobody posts on them, so I will be around to bs on here....

I love the kawi and if I had the time and money to do alot of track days or have a track bike this would be it, at speed it is a amazing machine and was everythign I could ever ask for, but my body has started to groan about the riding position, I'm 5'9 with a really really short inseam (29") so I fit the monster better then my kawi as it is.....AND I would consider the FZ1 but the gear box felt archecic and the suspension wasn't as good as the kawi's.....but god damn that bike was a freaking riot in second gear....

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
I will probably be selling mine as well, but for different reasons. I am moving to Phoenix for school (MMI) and probably wont be getting a place with a garage, therefore my bike wont be going with me. So instead of sitting here waiting for me, I figured I might as well sell it, then just buy a new one when I get out of school and get a job.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.