Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello (again) to everyone here. I haven't been posting up much been I've been lurking around. Since I've been without 2wheels for awhile now, it kinda sucks checking in and reading about how much fun everyone is having on their bikes. I'm jealous. I don't even like going to bike nites or get togethers with all the bikes around.

Just a refresher, my Orange 636 was stolen 2 February's ago, and even though I caught the criminals, I only get a check for $50 a month so restitution for a new bike has been at the most humorous.

.....but, I've been itching to ride again and since my truck will be paid for in 4 months..well..I've been going to dealerships so much every salesperson within a 250 mile area knows me by name...LOL. I commute to work everyday(year round), pick my son up from school(my son loves the ride ), ride around whenever I get the chance which includes running to the store for milk and fruity pebbles, hit the twisties every weekend (we have alot of them in northwest Arkansas) and I WILL do trackdays.

I wasn't sure if I wanted to go back to a full fairing sportbike. I sat on the 1098 and 848 and hated them. I sat on the Hypermotard and loved it. Way too much money though. I like the new CBR1000RR and the ZX-10, but I'm not sure if I want to jump to the literbikes. I do like the Z1000, but it's suspension really stinks. The GSX-R 750 is the perfect balance from 600 to 1000 and it feels really light and narrow. I don't like the fact that everyone and their brother has a "gixxer".

Then I run into the KTM super duke and the Aprilia Tuono. Used not new. I really, really like both of them. I have a KTM dealer an hour away and a new Aprilia dealer comming about 20 miles from the KTM dealer so I'll have dealer support nearby. I do all of my own maintenence including valve adjustments, so i only really need the dealer for when I get stuck and can't figure something out.

I found a 2007 Tuono with 3500 miles for 8700 and a 2007 super duke for 10,000 even. Actually I found 2 ktm's for that price, one with 3000 miles, one with 350 miles. The Tuono is quite the distance away so I'm leaning more towards the KTM.

The price of the bike plus insurance (full coverage with THEFT protection) is right at what I pay for gas in the truck for a month. I'd rather sink the money into a bike instead of making EXXON richer. Yeah, I still have to pay for fuel...but I'll have fun spending less than $20 to fill 'er up compared to almost $90 !

Haven't test rode either......yet. I forgot my helmet last time I went to KTM. I am looking forward to riding again. I have all these helmets and jackets and gloves and tankbags and stuff sitting around doing nothing....gotta do something about that. Hell, I even have 636 parts still here...fairing, fork internals and cap, tail...lol...I need to clean house!

Only motorcycle riders know why dogs stick their heads out the window !

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Whatever floats your boat as far as a bike goes.

I know your pain. I used to have a 1999 R1 that I tracked out. It didn't get stolen, pretty much abused the hell out of it, and then didn't have a bike for 6 or 7 years. It killed me. Every single time the weather started to warm up, I would turn into the grumpiest person on earth lol.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts