Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up, I'm hoping someone can help me with my octane question. What is the best mixture of fuel for an 03 zx6r...in Denver not sure that matters with fuel, but everything is slower up here.[V]

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
Nothing will help and it makes no difference if you try and mix different octanes.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
CDN, I've heard that from a few different people now, and all I've used so far in mine is 94, as well as both my 4 wheelers (2+ years).
I guess I'll switch to something lower.
Is their 93 ok?

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have an 86 zx6r and I read on a sticker inside under the rear seat that I should run 91 or higher, one time I put in Sunoco Ultra 94 (which my friend who works at a sunoco tells me is actualy closer to 95) and I didn't really notice a difference. a Friend of mine put it in his 98 Katana 600 and said the bike actually ran worse and ran hotter because of it. so neither one of us have used it, we both stick to 93.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Best thing to do is to try a gallon of all three octane levels, and see which one you like best.
Next time you hit reserve, zip over to the nearest gas station and add a gallon of whatever oct. Ride until you have to switch to reserve, and memorise the mileage. Then try the other two octanes just like this. Whichever one gives you the best blend of mileage and throttle response is the one you should go with.

BC.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.