Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just curious how many miles you guys got out of the stock BT16's. I had exactly 8k on mine when I picked up a screw in the rear last Friday. Just pulled the wheels off to have the new tires mounted tomorrow. But looking at these things I'm guessing I had at least another thousand on them.

·
Registered
93 Posts
2800 miles until my rear was on the markers, you done well to get 8k out of them!

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
im at 7200 on my 05 and the rear is bald as shit and the front just hit the wear marks - new tires tomorrow :D $198 shipped for a pair of powers on rockymountainatvmc.com

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
I was around the same 2500, some rolling burnouts
Damn, I guess I will be getting more miles out of my bike then you did in terms of tread life. I couldn't afford to keep going through tires that quickly lol :p

·
Registered
47 Posts
I got 4,400 miles out of the rear tire. I picked up a nail in it. Guy that changed it out said it needed replaced though. Went with the BT016 again. Might try the Metzeler M5 Interact on the next change for front and rear tires.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wow, guess I was doing VERY well before picking up the screw in the rear tire. I just picked up a set of Powers though. Just wanted to see what difference in traction is. I hear the stockers on these are massive piles of poop.

·
Registered
28,591 Posts
I got 10,500 miles out of a set of aftermarket bt-016s on my 636. You just need to know how to manage your tire pressure.

The aftermarket bt016 is not the same as the OE replacement, but I believe the center compound is.

·
Registered
538 Posts
I got about 6000kms from the front including a track day and about 8000kms from the rear also with a track day. My 2nd set were both completely toast by 12,000kms..
I was told and heard a few times ppl say that the oem's are harder than the purchased replacements.. either that or I just rode harder on the 2nd set!?

·
Registered
93 Posts
2800!?! Deezam! Any burn outs?
Just fast road riding and a track day, the roads are pretty decent around here as i live in the sticks.

·
Registered
68 Posts
2200 out of the rear no burnoose just very very spirited rides from the get go and about 3600 outta the front actually replacing it next week

·
Registered
77 Posts
Im sitting around 3600 miles and the front is mint..... Got lots of flat spots in it though. wierd....:rolleyes: back is still pretty good should last this season.

·
Registered
445 Posts
I got 2600 miles, and 3 track days out of my set, and now they are on my aprilia because my aprilia was showing cords...

I'm poor! lol

1 - 20 of 31 Posts