Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone had to put base stickers on their bike? I just got the stickers yesterday and I am supposed to put them somewhere on the left fork. I didn't see a spot that would work without making the bike look shitty. Anyone have pics of where they put their stickers at?

·
Registered
48 Posts
i put them on the plastic piece right under the clutch. The plastic piece that has little bumps on it. They have been there for a while and i haven't had a problem with the SP's saying anything.

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
I installed mine on the fork leg just under the clip=on as it is hard to see unless on tip of the bike...
have also seen them on the chain guard area with a peice of metal, not so bad either i guess.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Mine's on the swingarm, and they don't have an issue with it.

·
Registered
71 Posts
buddy of mine I rode with yesterday managed to mount his right under his windscreen , front , " dashboard " area so to speak , he rides up , they look right through the screen and off he goes

·
Registered
161 Posts
I put it on a thick plastic film, put a double sided carpet tape then mount it under the clutch (click on pic and you'll see it clearly). I take it out when I'm riding around town then put it back on when I ride on base.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I put it on the frame on the LH side of the bike sorta under the clutch and then put a piece of thick clear tape over it, It still looks clean, I work on a navy base (unfortunately) and they dont give me any crap about not having it on the fork.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I put mine on a magnet and just slap it on the tank while im on base and then put it in my pocket later.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I took a piece of sheet metal and cut it to the size of sticker and painted it black. Then I took the left reflector off the fork and left the stand-off portion on the fender. Found a screw that was the same as the threads on the reflector and screwed the plate(with decal attached) into the reflector standoff. This way, it isn't stuck to the bike and can easily be removed with one screw. It is exactly where the base reg call for it too, on the left fork. Oh, if you do it this way, make sure you use some loctite, or it will vibrate loose. I will get some pics later.

Keith

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks for all of the feedback guys...a lot of really good ideas. I didn't want to actually stick the stickers to the bike itself so the bracket and magnet ideas seem to be really good alternatives...

·
Registered
474 Posts
I really like that bracket.. I have been wondering what to do myself.. on my 96 I put it on the fork tube and getting it off was futile... On the 01 I put it on the black plastic part of the front fender and was planning to do the same for the 06 I picked up last week, but I really like the idea of that bracket.. I think thats what I am going to do...

·
Registered
569 Posts
Originally posted by J3st3r
Anyone had to put base stickers on their bike? I just got the stickers yesterday and I am supposed to put them somewhere on the left fork. I didn't see a spot that would work without making the bike look shitty. Anyone have pics of where they put their stickers at?
i put mine right under the left triple tree top
im out now, and it was fairly easy to remove the residue with some goo gone

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.