Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Get this, my boss starts lipping off about his Hardley today and claims he'll smoke me in a straight line. He has a 1400cc something, that would look like a fat boy w/a wider front tire. Doesn't know how much horsepower he has, just thinks his cc's will magically win. I told him to put $ where his mouth is (no free shows, and all[8D]), and I think he's gonna do it. He's not even smart enough to ask for a top gear roll on contest, so I'm not gonna suggest it. If all hardley riders are this dumb, I should quit my job[}:)]

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Dude you guys are thinking so small! It's his boss! Dude don't bet him straight cash......get a raise out of the deal! ;)

- Jon
2001 Candy Lightning Blue ZX6-R
"It only takes one beer to get me drunk.......but I'm not sure if it's the 8th or 9th one!"

·
Registered
316 Posts
I am with JD on this one. Make him really suffer. Tell him that you will put your cash, any amount against a raise. Make him make it worth your while. You will enjoy it more every time you get a paycheck! LOL Then tell him thank you, and ask him if you could buy his lunch sometime!

-Cops want a hot pursuit, so entertain them! -Shadee

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'll definately work the raise angle, he started sketching on me today making excuses, but we both ride on sundays (god no fellas, not together[xx(])so I'm gonna call him out by then. He is a hella tightass though, so it'll take some doing.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Your boss probably got shouted down on HIS Harley forum for doing such an idiotic thing as throwing the glove down in front of a Ninja [}:)]

·
Registered
35 Posts
No friggen way. I hate those things! Smoke him and smile while doing it, then tell him to go tell his buddies.

My other ride is a yellow '02 ZX6R

·
Registered
537 Posts
Whenever I hear about some Harley guy, or dumb ass in a cage trying to race a sport bike.... WTF are they all thinking!
I was going to the dealer on one sunny day about a week ago and this Acura integra pulled up next to me. 2 guys in the car drooling over the bike, smiling etc. Driver revved it a bit just to get my attention and they were all happy that I was looking at them, admiration written all over.
If you ask me that was the right reaction, not "I can take him with my body kit and big ass pipe (and NO power).

ZX6R-J1 2000

·
Registered
65 Posts
See thats the sort of thing I miss, ever since I got my 95 zx6r I havnt had a single person have a go, not at the lights, not on the highway, not even at the frickn drags on a friday night! On my old 150 I used to smoke cars at every stop but now that I have my zxr everyone is either too smart or to scared. Curse those agresive looks [8D]

"Speed kills, but atleast you get there faster."

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well, it looks like a no-go on the race. He started backpedalling today, saying he wanted no part of a quarter mile race, maybe something like 50 miles. I had to remind him that the time we went riding together, I had to stop every 30 miles and wait ten minutes for his sorry ass. Would have been a waste of time anyway, and getting a ticket for racing a stupid hardley woulda been a lifetime badge of shame:D

·
Registered
316 Posts
Sounds like the old boss got a tip off from a buddy that he might get beat! LOL Well, at least he knows that he shouldn't talk so much smack now.

-Cops want a hot pursuit, so entertain them! -Shadee

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.