Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at the swap thread, it looks like 03-04 zx6r mirrors are a direct replacement for my 01 zx6r. Is this correct? Looks like 05+ must have a different stud spacing. I need new mirrors and I think I like the look of the 03-04 mirrors better. Am I understanding this correctly? Thanks

·
Registered
61 Posts
Thats one of the jobs that I havent got round to yet!...you can fit the 05+ mirrors by taking the base off your existing mirrors and fitting it to the 05+ mirrors....the bolt is threadlocked in but will come out if you apply a little heat....the bases could also do with powdercoating/spraying to finish them off properly :D

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the response. I haven't thought of just swapping my base onto another mirror. If that can be done without any other modification, that would be great. Anybody else have any suggestions or experience on this?

·
Registered
272 Posts
Ninja 650 mirrors bolt right up. They eliminate the stupid rubber cover over the stalk. They are about 1.5" higher and 1.25" wider than the originals and they are bigger to boot.

I love them on my zzr

1 - 4 of 4 Posts