Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anybody know if and how to tighten the mirrors on a 2006 zx-6r? my left mirror has a little loose spot and is moving when i get moving past 75-80 mph. i looked, but i did not see any screws to tighten. any help would be appreciated.

sc1

·
Banned
495 Posts
On the base of the mirror, right at the block that goes into the fairing, there is a small like 10mm plug, its soft you can tell which side its on. Just use a flat head and pull that little plugy thing out and ull see a bolt. Just tighen that up a little bit.

LEt me know if u need pics.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
greenisfaster, nevada - thanks for the replies! yeah, i just pulled a little foam circle off to expose the screw head and tightened it up. worked great, thanks for the help!

sc1

·
Banned
495 Posts
No problem. NICE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN NINJA!!!!!

·
Registered
950 Posts
The question is resolved, but this made me think of something. My mirrors didn't move at all while rolling down the road when it was new. This year I notice there's a lot more movement (vibration), particularly during the latter part of the season. Thoughts? Will tightening the above bolts fix it? Is it a "time to trade it in" issue?

·
Banned
495 Posts
its prob not the vibration that is causing it to loosen, because there is hardly any vibration at that area on the bike... the fact of moving the mirrors 100 times a day makes them loosen up i think.

·
Registered
7,921 Posts
Some mirrors you have to twist the whole head of the mirror around a few times and that will tighten them up, even though i see this one is different i thought I'd throw that out there anyway.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.