Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Word bro!! The mirrors totally suck, unless you are paper thin. They were the designed for people that are 3' and 50lbs. How hard would it have been to extend them a few inches. What are we thinking??? Why would we need mirrors anyway;)

·
Registered
340 Posts
I don't know if anyone else has posted this in a different spot or not but I think the mirrors on the bike suck bad. I like the look of my jacket elbows but not all the time. Guess i have to get new ones:(

Speed is my opponent, thats why i try to beat it

·
Registered
128 Posts
Ditto. I took mine off and installed a rear camera and display shortly after getting a ticket because I didn't see the cop behind me. $149 dollars total for a weatherproof bullet camera and 4in B/W lcd. (Way less than my ticket;)

·
Registered
340 Posts
Originally posted by kc8cks

Ditto. I took mine off and installed a rear camera and display shortly after getting a ticket because I didn't see the cop behind me. $149 dollars total for a weatherproof bullet camera and 4in B/W lcd. (Way less than my ticket;)
Yeah, I've read about those. Is it working out nicely for you??

------

·
Registered
530 Posts
You might wanna check with your local dept of motor vehicles about removing those mirrors. I think they're mandatory.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Well, I checked with my local DOT and I'll be putting my mirrors back on, but the camera is OK too (just not by itself).Got the stuff from a place that is local to me but they are selling stuff on Ebay (intellicam is their name) I had to fabricate brackets to get both pieces mounted. The camera from the leftside passenger peg and the display, for now, is mounted on the steering head. (I'll have to move the display when I get my damper on) I'm hoping I can get it tucked up around the gauge cluster with some judicious Velcro use. Don't have measurements offhand for the brackets. (I whipped 'em up at work and didn't have time for a print) Will see If I can borrow a my buds digital camera.

·
Registered
136 Posts
yea these mirrors are horrible, I adjust n adjust and still only see my elbows and the pocket on my jacket, I cant see how people ride "without" them, that skill Im not up on yet

hey Kc, was the image shakey with the camera, and whered u mount the display
please post up some pics of the install,

------

Never Underestimate the POWER of sTupIDiTy

·
Registered
340 Posts
I cant see how people ride "without" them, that skill Im not up on yet

A lot of head swivel action, feel like I'm Chuckie sometimes. Sucks in traffic especially

------

·
Registered
120 Posts
yea, i noticed that its a real pain in the ass to get a good angle for viewing through the mirrors.

have any of you purchased new mirrors? if so what kind and from where. i think it would look tight to maybe even have green colored mirrors that match the paint

·
Registered
212 Posts
Don't they make mirror extenders for teh Kawai's?...I know they have them for F4i,R6,ect....I can't recall the website i seen them on though...I'll check the Honda boards i go go and see if i can't find the info.

·
Registered
340 Posts
The only thing I've seen that extends is like a handlebar clip on mirrors. Those would work nicely but they look gay. Still looking at aftermarket mirrors. Houston traffic SUCKS without mirrors

·
Registered
166 Posts
Ya, I get tired of looking at my elbows too. What I have found kind of works is to stick my elbows out and look between my arm and my body. It is easiest with my left arm but the right works too. It is better than nothing and at 80 mph on the freeway. It beats trying to swing my head around enough to see behind me. :D

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
my left side mirror fel from the joint today!

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
I tend to just roll my arm inward while holding on. Yes is does suck, but you have to do something. M[:M43]aybe Kawi will actually do something about it in the future. 2 more inches is all we need. Yea, that's what she said...

·
Registered
340 Posts
Originally posted by mred

I tend to just roll my arm inward while holding on. Yes is does suck, but you have to do something. M[:M43]aybe Kawi will actually do something about it in the future. 2 more inches is all we need. Yea, that's what she said...
i do the same, "but she's not yelling for another 2inches;)

·
Registered
185 Posts
2 more inches, faster, a little more to the left,,,,,,,wait....wrong forum. Yeah 2 more inches on the mirror would make riding allot safer.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.