Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
165 Posts
Hey Guys - I just changed my oil last weekend (Motul 10w40 semi-synth) for the 3rd time. The shifting's ultra smooth and less vibration than before but, as got onto the freeway I gunned her from third, up shifted and it didn't seen to catch! She just revved high (not near redline thank GOD) and finally caught the gear. This happened several times that evening. Now, I swear I was up shifting and catching the gear positively but after reading posts about "friction modifiers" and clutch slippage I wonder. In fact, I could have sworn I was steady in gear and suddenly she revved like she hit neutral. WTF!? Not a big deal but any input is appreciated.

BTW - I poured the whole gallon in and the oil sight glass is closer to the top line, not quite but close. Probably less than half a quart over. Is this O.K. and would that have something to do with the missed shifts/slippage? Thanks for your info and advice fellas.

"It's not the size of the Gun but the caliber of the Bullet that makes the biggest hole!" -SDF

· Registered
165 Posts
Thanks for the advice fellas, will adjust the clutch cable this evening after work. Sounds like that is all I need to do.

"It's not the size of the Gun but the caliber of the Bullet that makes the biggest hole!" -SDF

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.