Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
344 Posts
Hehe - me too me too!! I've noticed a progressive deterioration in the success of my upshifts, especially after 3rd. First time I try, I get out of gear, second time it connects. This is a new bike, and it's breaking in nicely. I did a search last night and found there's a lot of stuff that can cause this, but with a bike that only has about 675 miles on it, and my old fart riding style, I doubt that I've farked the thing already. I did feel a bit of play in the clutch lever, and dialed that out tonight. Way too easy. Didn't have any probs on the way to Pizza Hut tonight, and I plan to do some morning rides this weekend to see how well the fix took. It was funny too, since I changed the oil just yesterday - regular Kawachem 10w-40 - and last night it was a real pain. Although that could also have been my white knuckle reaction to trying to keep up with a bunch of utterly fearless kids on twisties in the dark..........[:M24]

· Registered
344 Posts
As twisties, no. As something I could only see when I got closer, and couldn't see around the corners until I was in them, yes. Scary as hell, and I almost went wide in between a pair of headlights. One thing about getting older is that the clarity of your night vision tends to deteriorate. I haven't noticed anything specific, but when I turn off the brights, it does seem to take longer to adjust. Tony sez bring up the rear. Hehe, sure. Like bait at the end of a fish line, yeahright. :D

Hey, BTW, since your 04 isn't that much older than mine, Jeff, have you noticed any shifting anomolies?

And when you change oil, where is a good place to get rid of it around here? I've started a collection.... might want to lose it sometime soon. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.