Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Biker Bros(& Sis if be any)
I'm a beginner rider and bought a 96 ZX6R with 12k miles about 4months ago. I am beginning to speed shift(no clutching) more often now and notice that it is beginning to get quite easy to miss 2nd gear - goes straight to neutral, even when using the clutch at times. Have I caused any damage or am I kicking the gear lever up too far when trying to hit 2nd? [B)]

·
Registered
321 Posts
If I didn't know better, I might think you were trying to steal my name [:p]

If you are speed shifting without letting off the gas, you have probably caused damage. Even if you are letting off the gas you could screw things up, if your timing is off. You want to hold very light pressure on the shift lever, and when you let off the gas, you should be able to feel when it wants to slip right into gear. For that reason I only go clutchless above 2nd gear.

·
Registered
47 Posts
going from first to second...use the clutch...the gap between 1st and 2nd is the biggest of all the ratios and doesn't change nicely without the clutch...

after 2nd gear, clutchless all the way...;)

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Fellas for the replies. I don't think that it's to the point of being damaged yet(I hope) but I will difinitely from now on use the clutch between 1st and 2nd. Sorry bout the closeness in names MeanGreenie![:I] Tried to be as unique as I could when I named myself, but hey we all bros anyways in the Mighty NINJA family !:D

"Instructions?... Why would we need the instructions?"

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.