Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nice burn. Maybe that will teach yet another cager (especially those who are driving something far from an exotic sport car) that it is pointless for them to challenge sport bikers.

I see you are breaking your bike in the Moto Man way.;)

It is true about the speedo, though. There is roughly a 10% error margin. Max speed on the 636 is probably right around there.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I was on my new blue 03 636 riding home from the beach. It was night time and I rode pretty hard all day so I was just cruising about 75 mph. As I am driving this red eclipse flies past me probably going 100/110 mph. I pulled up next to him and he starts to rev his engine. So of course I had to represent for all of us ninjas. When the light turned green, I let him jump the line , I shift into 2nd, at about 70 mph I throttle her and pick the frnt tire up (just for show), and say bye bye to him as he beacomes a little red spec in my mirror. After a half mile or so, I slow down and a good 30/45 seconds LATER he comes flying past me again, then slows down next to me and revs some more, I shook my hand to say no (didnt want to bury his self esteem too far into the ground). At the next light we pulle up next to each other and he said nice race. Those are the type of people I like to race. Some people just get their ego crushed and flick you off or just dont give up.

On another note, on my way down to the beach I got her to 150 (the fastest I have ever gone) and it still felt like there was alot more to go. My brother has the same bike and when I called him last night to talk about it he said the max speed of the 636 is 155. He said he heard of a friend of a friend (you know how that is) who dynoed his 636 and thats all it did. He also said at those high speeds the speedo isnt so accurate. Anyone have any info on this subject. Or a website or mag that talks about it. I dont believe it personally, so I'd like to have something to prove him wrong.

Thanks

·
Registered
7,145 Posts
People in cars like that who challenge sport bikes don't know two things.

1. They really don't know anything about cars.

2. They definitely don't know shit about bikes.

Sad. Sad, sad, sad, sad, sad.

-Flash

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but habit" - Aristotle

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.