Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im going to cut the baffles out of my stock muffler, will it make the FI light come on?

·
Got lime? I do
16,736 Posts
i cut about 3 inches off mine, sounds pretty good. gonna take about 2 more inches off. i just cut what was there, didn't cut the other baffles out. know one guy that did on a 03' gixx 600, he hollowed it out. no fi light but loud as hell.

my bad, didn't realize u had an 06'. don't know bout them

·
Got lime? I do
16,736 Posts
mine has chambers and tubes, i cut the end chamber off for balance point clearence. some refer to the chambers as baffles lol

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The way our exhaust is set up has the packing on the sides and it empties out into the center chamber, I also have to figure out how to cut through the stainless steel

·
Powerhungry
37,958 Posts
but there still is baffles in there. somehwere on here theres pics of an opend stock 05 pipe. do a search im sure you will find it. a good cutoff wheel and some patience should do the trick. i know what u mean stainless can be tough to work with.

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
I just want to hear what it sounds like

·
Registered
95 Posts
Originally posted by mateoconamor
The way our exhaust is set up has the packing on the sides and it empties out into the center chamber, I also have to figure out how to cut through the stainless steel
Dremel.

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
My exhaust on my 2001 ZX6R was completely gutted (stock can), and ridiculously loud.. I loooooved it!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.