Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I broke the LED's I put on so I decided to put the stocks back on for now but they are just to damn long.

So I used the spacers I bought from Cycle Gear and took some parts from the stock lights to make it shorter.

Before...

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I took the signal apart to make it shorter and grinded down the plastic a bit (where my thumb is) to make room for the wires, I also grinded the spacer a bit. Then I used the bracket and screw from the stock lights to go on the back of the spacer and screw the light on

·
Where is hoser??
17,340 Posts
Yeah, where are they?? My brother did this on his ZX12R, but he didn't need to buy anything to do it.

--David

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by dwillits
Yeah, where are they?? My brother did this on his ZX12R, but he didn't need to buy anything to do it.

--David
I already had the spacers ($10.99 Cycle Gear) from when I installed LED's. Took me about 30 minutes to do.

I have seen them shortened before but couldn't figure out how to do it and I was too lazy to do a search and this is what I came up with.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by powersplash93
Looks better but the stalks just had to go for me. But its better to have those then none since you broke the leds, howd you break them.
Ya I agree..When I say "I" broke them, I mean my wife did it when she was getting on/off the back (don't ask me how)

·
Where is hoser??
17,340 Posts
I wasn't intending to sound mean, I was just saying that my brother had done the same thing. I like the stock signals, as you can actually see the turn signal doing what it is supposed to do....blink. I was riding with a buddy of mine the other day and he has the integrator in his taillight. I couldn't see the turn signals for shit. It looks badass, but they are hard to see. Nice job on your signals, and your bike. Green...the color a Kawi should be.

--David

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Originally posted by dwillits
I wasn't intending to sound mean, I was just saying that my brother had done the same thing. I like the stock signals, as you can actually see the turn signal doing what it is supposed to do....blink. I was riding with a buddy of mine the other day and he has the integrator in his taillight. I couldn't see the turn signals for shit. It looks badass, but they are hard to see. Nice job on your signals, and your bike. Green...the color a Kawi should be.

--David
hey no worries...i wasn't offended at all:)
I agree that these are waaay more visible, I think I might keep 'em on

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
I had the amber euros on mine before I removed the fender and installed my akra. They looked real good, much cleaner than the stock ones IMO.

·
Registered
534 Posts
looks like what i did to the front on mine.

only I made them even shorter

as far as the backs I placed them in the passenger peg holes. I have no rear seat so no real use for pegs huh?

they don't stick out more then .25" past the side of the tail which is really nice.

Also don't bother with l.e.d.'s for signals unless you get an integrator. I've tried a few as well as riding buddies and these are not only cheaper but WAY brighter during the day and offer a lot bigger viewing angel then the l.e.d. signals.

there must be a reason kawi put a l.e.d. tail but not indicators.
The sun seems to wash them out pretty badly

These are just as big and only have one bulb. You can see in the pic how bright they are. They look the same in day light

·
Registered
112 Posts
after I put mine under the tail they are ridiculously bright at night. I think I probably cut mine down about a half an inch or so.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.