Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

21 - 40 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Well, depending on what way your going with modding your Z... I went the stunt route, and have to say that the pussycat that was below 5k has since become the lion that roars all the way into 4th...lol

My biggest problem has been finding a crash cage for the Z??? No one seems to make them!:(:(:(

-2004 Z1000
Thus far: Yoshi RS-3 slip-ons, pcIII powercommander, K&N filter kit, airbox mod, zero gravity windscreen (with custom paint), z1000 tank pad, red billet bar ends, carbon gel grips, 919 style mirrors, arrow short stalk front signals, LED rear integrated signals, Hyperpro CSC steering damper, billet "Z" engine covers & sliders, 15t fr/50t rr gearing... ***3.33***[:p][B)][xx(]

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Originally posted by kawapolo
Hello Racing Rice,

Thanks very much for your help in indicating from where I can get the mirror extenders.....just one more favour please;do you know from where I can obtain a gear position indicator?
I'm sorry, I'm not sure where to find one of those.

djkj6... Check out the slash guards from goldmedal..
http://www.goldmedal.co.jp/

·
Registered
7 Posts
RR,
the mod you posted for the airbox.... drill it then cut it out... what is this supposed to do and what does it do to the performance??? I'm not trying to be ignorant here. It's obvoiusly a free mod and free is great!

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Originally posted by ODB
i have added a set of ART slip ons to my 03 z1000 they sound great when you open it up lookin forward to some more mods when i grt the $ any ideas?
Have you looked into getting rid of the stock (huge) fender? It's a fairly simple mod - I posted a how-to AGES ago from my work on the 636... same tailsection...

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Originally posted by 2004 Z OWNER
RR,
the mod you posted for the airbox.... drill it then cut it out... what is this supposed to do and what does it do to the performance??? I'm not trying to be ignorant here. It's obvoiusly a free mod and free is great!
You can cut it how ever you want. There are a few different versions of this mod on riderforums.com. All with the same idea. Get more air into the airbox. A lot of users have dynoed nice gains coupled with other mods and a PCIII.

·
Registered
22 Posts
djkj6: Crash cage is made by 905. Check out their site at 905racing.com. I am pretty sure there is a ZK on there! Please keep us posted with that stunt bike. I was thinking about building one myself

·
Registered
48 Posts
I've added arata full titanium and a powercommander also purchased a air filter but want to mod my airbox. Any sites with good detail on this.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Originally posted by Blarr
I've added arata full titanium and a powercommander also purchased a air filter but want to mod my airbox. Any sites with good detail on this.
What kind of detail are you looking for? I posted a picture up in the thread on how to cut the airbox lid. What more were you looking for?

·
Registered
48 Posts
O.K. I did the mod on the airbox lid. Is there any mod or ideas on the right side of the airbox where it forms to a cone under the injecters.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I did the airbox mod to the lid. Is there any ideas or advise for a mod to the airbox on the right side where it is cone shaped under the injecters.

·
Registered
80 Posts
The cone shape of the lower airbox is there to increase airbox volume. Airboxes are designed to resonate at certain frequencies to promote cylinder filling. This is used to smooth out the torque curve. If you are interested in this sort of stuff, read Kevin Camerons book, Sportbike performance handbook. Lots of good info there.

·
Registered
330 Posts

:DThis is my 06 before MOD's. I have got barends,turnsighnels,the finder cleaned up and a set Yosh. slip-ons they are a gold color so thay look good on the bike . Sorry no new pics. When I get some I well post them .:(

21 - 40 of 122 Posts