Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just wondering b/c their have been some guys giving me crap about buying it. They ride gxsr 750's and r1's.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I barely have anyone take me when were moving. Off the line yeah 600 get ahead of me at first but when I get my throttle back I'm ghost....But tell you the truth my bike looks a little outdated in the pack. I barely see any zx-7's on the road anymore...I'm going to upgrade next summer to a used r1 or cbr.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Originally posted by mblakeney
Just wondering b/c their have been some guys giving me crap about buying it. They ride gxsr 750's and r1's.
Don't take this the wrong way, but if you give a damn what other 'guys' think of your bike, then go buy what they have so that you can be no different.

The question of whether your 7R can 'hang' with modern bikes...

Let me put it this way. An experienced rider on any half decent sportbike can smoke an unexperienced rider on any 'modern' sportbike.
The 7R is a very heavy bike. Use this weight/stability to your advantage in corners and you'll enjoy your bike.

Finally, if your friends are on newer GSXR750s or R1s and are talking crap about your 7R, go take some riding classes, get some track days under your belt, and see if they still laugh when you lap them on the track.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Originally posted by 00 zx-7
I barely have anyone take me when were moving. Off the line yeah 600 get ahead of me at first but when I get my throttle back I'm ghost....
you gotta practice launchin that pig... no one i ride with an touch me off the line.. sort of a useless skill but it makes me happy! buahahaha!

the 600's cant launch as hard without wheelieing..

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah thanks guys I just wish there were a track around where I live so I could practice. The only track there is around my house is 1/8th mile and 1/4 mile. Guess I will be working on my striaght line.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.