Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Mods are just about finished. Just tossing up whether to do the rear tire hugger now. Also still have to clean up around the new meters as well but still finding something that would be suitable for that. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
122 Posts
Nice.

New meters?

Felix

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Yea new guages. You can see them in the 3rd pic, quite a bit smaller than the originals, much more modern though. Now just to find something to fill the area left by the old ones.

What did you do with the old ones???? Sell them to me!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Tankpad - not sure on the brand etc. It was the only plain black one that I could find in the shops that I was looking in (Perth Australia). It's from one of the local Honda shops here actually.

Added a pic of the new gauges. As you can see quite a size difference and yet to find something to make it look a bit neater.

Attachments

·
Registered
49 Posts
these are the koso gauges. Dude was it easy to put them on? Do they work? I'm interested in buying them, but I can see that there are very small

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Seriously, are you interested in selling the old gauges??

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
these are the koso gauges. Dude was it easy to put them on? Do they work? I'm interested in buying them, but I can see that there are very small
I found it pretty easy though I'm an electronics tech by trade so no probs reading circuit diagrams etc. Hardest bit I found was finding a place to fasten the mounting bracket.

All the standard wiring is actually still in place so if needed it will be easy enough to change back to standard. For waterproofing it's covered with self sealing tape though.

Couldn't find anywhere that I could put the 2nd temp sensor (didn't look that hard) so it's just under the fairing taking air temp readings.

Guage itself is working great, even has the left/right indicator function etc. Haven't pushed the fuel gauge to see how accurate that is though. I've got it set to flash at 30% and that = about 13 liters into the tank.

Like any digital gauge there is a very slight delay in the responce from the tacho and speedo but it's so slight it's not worth worrying about.

One thing that I have found is that the speedo is reading low. When it's showing 90km/hr I've been told that I'm actually doing 98. Haven't had time to look to see if I can make it more accurate though. :eek: Might try to make a better measure of the wheel circumferance to see if that effects it at all.

Unfortunatly didn't think to take pics of the install process but it did involve removing all the fairings (including upper ones around the headlight etc) so took a while. Was the 1st time that I'd had the fairings off the bike.

All it needs now is a bit of a cleen up around the hole left behind. Left it the way it is at the moment (as in no cutting of mounts etc) in case I find some way of mounting something onto them. It would look a little neater if I was to just them off though.

If I don't fill it in though it will make adjusting the headlight much easier. ;)

Seriously, are you interested in selling the old gauges??
At the moment I'll be holding onto them CaliGirl. If I do decide that they are no longer needed I'll keep you in mind though..

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
At the moment I'll be holding onto them CaliGirl. If I do decide that they are no longer needed I'll keep you in mind though..
Thanks. Please do...

·
Registered
41 Posts
Tankpad - not sure on the brand etc. It was the only plain black one that I could find in the shops that I was looking in (Perth Australia). It's from one of the local Honda shops here actually.

Added a pic of the new gauges. As you can see quite a size difference and yet to find something to make it look a bit neater.
I would say that gauge is awsome. If you experience with fiberglass, you can create your own cover to cover up the extra space left behind. You should make a tutorial step by step on how to hook up the gauge. :)

·
Registered
720 Posts
how much are the gauge? the 250 has mechanical speedo...this gauge is mechanical too? Any plan in putting in a gear indicator?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Nice chop on the fender. It looks just like mine after I used the generic fender kit off of Ebay, well, maybe your's a little bit better (I don't have the red light on mine).

1 - 20 of 43 Posts