Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Must do mods : shimm the needles at the very minimum to make the bike respond better off the line.

Nice mods to do : aftermarket exhaust ( full or slip on ), pulled snorkel, jett kit= World of difference.

All out : 15T/41T sprockets for highway and gas mileage, or 13T front, or 47T rear for city and extra oomph but worse gas mileage.

Thats about all I can think of

·
Registered
4,112 Posts
are you fucking kidding me. use the god damn search. hell try reading half the threads that are listed on the 1st page here. fuck
Easy brutha. This happens man. Hell check the 03-04 636 section. Every month some newb posts up a thread asking about modifications, and that bike is 5 years old! The 250 is the new hot item. So this shit is gonna happen. Just sayin'...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Or maybe if the question was read properly you all would understand it was out of curiosity. Maybe I should have put it in a poll but since there are so many mods I didn't. I was curious to hear what type of mods people drool over. I'm not asking what is the best mod i should get because I'm not doing anything to my bike, its the way I want it. Thanks to those that actually answered and understood what I wrote.

·
Registered
72 Posts
are you fucking kidding me. use the god damn search. hell try reading half the threads that are listed on the 1st page here. fuck
Chill out there lil'podner...

It's a n00b rich forum so things like this will happen... you flipping out every time it does will only lead to stress.

ya know?

Oh yeah... shim those needles... that's about the only must-do mod... performance wise.

... or try changing out the signal fluid for a heavier weight.

·
Registered
101 Posts
grrrr. go get em tiger show em what you can do ... the taste of kellogs frosted flakes brings out the tiger in YOU..... GRR . ..... they re great .....

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
From our friend ScootyScootScot:

the mods i've done help increase power and driveability.

1.full exhaust with all burrs ground and polished
2.airbox removed and replaced with pod filters
3.intake and ehaust ports polished
4.carb horns polished
5.carb slides extra hole drilled
6.3 washers under carbs needles
7.synched carbs
8.108 main jets
9.kawasaki clean air system removed and plugged
10.gas tank noise eliminated mod
11.15/41 gear ratio sprocket change
12.polished rims and heel guards

·
Registered
186 Posts
Geez Louise! Is this really necessary? Chill out. If it upsets you, don't read the thread.:violent:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
*cough* aren't you the one that just did a 'how do I shim my needles' thread and got slammed because there's 1,244 other threads on the subject? *cough*

:D
He is indeed and he's also the one who posted a thread about a month ago about being afraid, as a newbie, to ask questions and getting negative comments and being bashed for it. I'm glad he decided to join them.

Something seems wrong there :confused:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Just ignore the post if it bothers you. Let others answer if they want to. I do not understand the hostility, like you guys own this forum or what.

·
Registered
46 Posts
The hostility comes from getting tired of the blatant displays of ignorance that people show by ignoring all the rules, in turn making any attempt at having an organized forum possible. One reason the search feature isn't as useful as it could be it simply the fact that there are multiple posts on top of multiple posts so wading through all the crap to find answers gets kind of time consuming. So now you know...

·
Registered
72 Posts
The hostility comes from getting tired of the blatant displays of ignorance that people show by ignoring all the rules, in turn making any attempt at having an organized forum possible. One reason the search feature isn't as useful as it could be it simply the fact that there are multiple posts on top of multiple posts so wading through all the crap to find answers gets kind of time consuming. So now you know...

If this were the "AV riders" forum... or the "airheads" forum then things might be different.

Every year you can tell the n00bs to wear gear... but every year you'll have new n00bs that don't know to wear gear.

If one really wants change... then one must change something.
Bitchin ain't enough.

·
Registered
4,112 Posts
So this guy just has wanton disregard for the entire forum, huh? Just becuase he posted a thread askin' about mods. It's gonna happen, and my point is, it's gonna keep happening. He joined last week. This was his second thread after posting his "Hi All" thread in the newbie section.

murphmoney- good for you that you get it. for those that don't, figure it out, please.

rep to you, sir.
:)
The cursing and tryin' to make a newb feel stupid b/c he asked a question is what isn't necessary. If you're really that upset that someone asked a question, then don't answer it. Ya know?

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
So this guy just has wanton disregard for the entire forum, huh? Just becuase he posted a thread askin' about mods. It's gonna happen, and my point is, it's gonna keep happening. He joined last week. This was his second thread after posting his "Hi All" thread in the newbie section.

The cursing and tryin' to make a newb feel stupid b/c he asked a question is what isn't necessary. If you're really that upset that someone asked a question, then don't answer it. Ya know?
Somebody get out of the wrong side of bed this morning? :rolleyes:

I've noticed lately that the search function is becoming much more difficult to use because of all the reposts and questions that have been asked many times before. Any search brings up multitudes of reposts and buried in there somewhere is the answer you were looking for. So the constant asking of the same questions by people who don't bother searching IS degrading the search function for all of us and is not just an annoyance. I was happy to provide some info to the OP and I totally understand your feelings on the subject, CJ, but I also want to make sure that KF members are aware that there are consequences to these repeated posts and the people who take exception to them aren't just being assholes or trying to make newbies feel stupid.

·
Registered
4,112 Posts

I've noticed lately that the search function is becoming much more difficult to use because of all the reposts and questions that have been asked many times before. Any search brings up multitudes of reposts and buried in there somewhere is the answer you were looking for. So the constant asking of the same questions by people who don't bother searching IS degrading the search function for all of us and is not just an annoyance. I was happy to provide some info to the OP and I totally understand your feelings on the subject, CJ, but I also want to make sure that KF members are aware that there are consequences to these repeated posts and the people who take exception to them aren't just being assholes or trying to make newbies feel stupid.
Ya, I did post that before my first cup of coffee.:p I'm feelin' a little better now. Okay, i understand and empathize w/what you're saying. My point here is two fold...

1. Give a brand new member who is posting his first question a break. He could very well be new to forums in general. So, it really isn't that hard to say, "Hey man, when you have a question it's a good idea to search it first. Chances are, it's already been asked". If the guy persists w/asking stupid questions, then flame away.

2. Again, he is a new member, most likely new to motorcycles and possibly new to the whole forum thing. It isn't necessary (or kewl as so many members seem to think) to try to make him feel like an ass for askin' a question. If it really bothers you so much that he asked a question, then you're in the wrong place. 'Cause that shit is gonna keep on happening...

Catch my drift?

·
Registered
376 Posts

Yup. You search for something, and you get more answers telling you to search... ;)

Guys: remember it's good to revist topics every so often

1 - 20 of 21 Posts