Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well like a bunch of you, ive got the monster decals on my bike along with my numbers on my seat cowl, so the bikes looking pretty legit. i finally ran into monster giving out free drinks and told them ive been trying to get sponsored/some free stuff sent my way. all ive been able to get is a deal where i get discount shirts (still pay to advertise there stuff some more) and drinks for a dollar vs the regular 2.50 or w/e. well they told me that no one on the east coast can get any type of sponsorship, they said if i was on the west coast however, then id have a much better chance. they said it was something to do with corporate and no one on the east coast is getting any handouts or anything where as on the west apparently they are.

·
Registered
125 Posts
i guess it wouldnt be a sponsorship deal, it would be considered an advertisement reimbursement. Many companies pay people to drive vehicles with their logos, pictures and contact info on them to create new business. My bike has the redbull replica graphics, but I havent made any attempt to collect free gear/red bull or anything like that. thats the #1 question people ask me though. "do they pay you?"

Attachments

·
Registered
3,609 Posts
thats the #1 question people ask me though. "do they pay you?"
they ask you that because it's stupid to pay money out of your own pocket to advertise for a giant company like monster or redbull, not because they expect them to actually sponsor you.

·
Registered
99 Posts
apr43 did you sign up for one of those sites where thousands of people make profiles and sign up to get "sponsored" by companies?

·
Registered
125 Posts
they ask you that because it's stupid to pay money out of your own pocket to advertise for a giant company like monster or redbull, not because they expect them to actually sponsor you.
No, actually they ask it for the same reason I just stated in my post. People get paid to advertise for companies. Yeah, thats exactly what I was thinking when I bought the bodywork- "I think Ill support corporate giants today and plaster their logos on my bike!" I bought it because it made my bike look like a race bike, plain and simple. I dont even like red bull. Your response made no sense, and Im not surprised. Next time keep your negative ignorant comments and opinions to yourself, especially when you dont know what your talking about.

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
hell getting anyone to cut you a deal even with free advertising is not so easy..
tried dealing with SOBE, and a few major parts sellers.

Just not interested in advertising even with a huge discount from the shit companies, like 2bro's or vortex

·
Registered
920 Posts
there not going to pay people for free advertisement b/c they have idiots like you putting it all over there bikes for free:rolleyes:

why would you think you deserve to get some sort of deal when in turn you give them nothing back nor do you race?

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
Well didnt want to say it, BUT why wouldnt they since they are throwing away money with kawasaki which is the worst bikes in racing?

They pay Professional riders millions in MotoGp & the AMA Series and cant even get better than a few 3rd place finishes...What a joke!

At least now they have one guy Valentino Rossi that will get more wins in one season than all the years of wasting money on Hayden, Hopkins & Hacking (is that a H trend?)

·
Registered
920 Posts
Well didnt want to say it, BUT why wouldnt they since they are throwing away money with kawasaki which is the worst bikes in racing?

They pay Professional riders millions in MotoGp & the AMA Series and cant even get better than a few 3rd place finishes...What a joke!

At least now they have one guy Valentino Rossi that will get more wins in one season than all the years of wasting money on Hayden, Hopkins & Hacking (is that a H trend?)

they pay professionals and dont forget kawi sweeps up in Motox which is all backed by Monster. besides just because hopkins or any of them for that matter dont win championships doesnt mean little johny doesnt still look up to them and wants to be cool and wear monster logos all over.

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
dont you have to be on TV to get attention these days, as i know Motogp and WSBK surely does not watch the back markers and there is almost NO attendance to watch the AMA races..

What is MotoX? if i recall only reason i know Bubba Stewarts name was he had a 2005 zx636 by 2 bros, that had an awesome paintjob with some
BS gold plating...whats up my ____?

but i guess some people do watch that, just like monster trucks, cart series, nascar and other down home sports to include backyard wrestlin.

·
Registered
3,609 Posts
No, actually they ask it for the same reason I just stated in my post. People get paid to advertise for companies.
yeah they're called professionals. what'd you get for putting those decals on your bike? unless you start showing up on TV or in magazines with those companies logo's being show, they're not give you anything. do you stunt or race or anything? cuz they're definitely not gonna pay you just for riding around town with their logo on your bike, they already have an advertising dept.
Yeah, thats exactly what I was thinking when I bought the bodywork- "I think Ill support corporate giants today and plaster their logos on my bike!"
well, what were you thinking then, cuz that's exactly what ya did.

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
America has some of the dumbest sponsorships and advertising in the world...

Yeah something to be proud of i have the sam underwear Michael Jordan has on...sorry not getting you laid or making you play basketball better.
same for any drink beverage: i drink monster as Hopkins does and he is a back marker....just like me! NOW I FEEL BETTER

At least you get dumb drunk bitches on camera if you buy a Cannon, bring the booze and have a good location like girls gone wild and multiple other media viewings

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
apr43 did you sign up for one of those sites where thousands of people make profiles and sign up to get "sponsored" by companies?
i did one site, not the one you pay for like that car site. but i got a bunch of deals on clothes and a watch company for a bunch of no name companies all at discount.

plus i dont want a sponsorship, its just im riding around with an add on my bike so its be nice to get some free stuff my way.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
there not going to pay people for free advertisement b/c they have idiots like you putting it all over there bikes for free:rolleyes:

why would you think you deserve to get some sort of deal when in turn you give them nothing back nor do you race?
well incase you didnt think of it, our bikes do come out of our garages. i get tons of people stoping, looking, asking questions. plus when i ride everyday when its nice out its advertising. i dont know about where you live, but around here we have trucks that just drive around with signs on them. pretty much the same concept. sure i stuck it on there for free, but it'd be nice for a company that has so much money they drive around in a big raised up truck and hand out free monster drinks at events, and random places.

o and just for all of you talking about doing something

my bike was on monsters display down in myrtle beach. rickey gadson took pictures with it.

·
Registered
975 Posts
First off the monster thing is way played out I rocked it like years ago b4 kawi even picked them up as a sponser. Now everybike has that dam logo on it way played out now.Plus your not getting anything for it so why rep a million dollar company and get nothing.

·
Registered
125 Posts
yeah they're called professionals. what'd you get for putting those decals on your bike? unless you start showing up on TV or in magazines with those companies logo's being show, they're not give you anything. do you stunt or race or anything? cuz they're definitely not gonna pay you just for riding around town with their logo on your bike, they already have an advertising dept.
well, what were you thinking then, cuz that's exactly what ya did.

lol you really are ignorant! Companies pay REGULAR PEOPLE to put their logos on their cars and bikes. Theres thousands of them driving around every day, not a day goes by that I dont see one. Thats something their advertising dept came up with. You dont have to be a professional racer to get money from them. I didnt get anything, nor did I expect to. Do us all a favor BP, go take some midol and join us when your not being such an ass.

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
well if we like what we have on our bikes thats about all that really matters.

Hell i am 99% sure i am doing my 1098 in bayliss XEROX and i dont buy their stuff but sure do use it at Work...
Do use brembo, NGK & Pirelli and dont mind saying it either.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts