• Impossible to be certain about that

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fifty years have passed since the first moon landing!

As a major space exploration fan, I had to post this poll to see what people believe about this landmark in human history today.

So tell me what you think!

·
Registered
94 Posts
I worked with a guy that was responsable for the success of the tv broadcast of the landing. Most dont know that the Ausy station had a power supply failure due to technician error a few days before the landing, the US station was all set and ready so he was dispatched to Austrailia to repair there ssytem hopfully in time.

While he was diging through there system to find the error someone in the us was messing with switches and inverted the video broadcast from the us station.

He was able to fix the Station down under just ahead of the landing and celibrate, just as the craft touched down it was decsuvered that the feed was upside down and switched to the Goldstone receiving station from Austrailia that had just been fixed and the feed broadcast world wide was inverted to the propper orientation withen seconds of the cast.

or I could have some of it backwards:
https://www.skyandtelescope.com/astronomy-news/how-earth-saw-apollo-11-first-steps/

Working in the field of Physics I have met some really awsome people.

K

·
Registered
24,739 Posts
Didn't the Big Bang Theory shoot a laser at the moon to prove there is a reflective mirror on the moon?
I mean...if you can't believe a broadcast sitcom who can you believe?

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I worked with a guy that was responsable for the success of the tv broadcast of the landing. Most dont know that the Ausy station had a power supply failure due to technician error a few days before the landing, the US station was all set and ready so he was dispatched to Austrailia to repair there ssytem hopfully in time.

While he was diging through there system to find the error someone in the us was messing with switches and inverted the video broadcast from the us station.

He was able to fix the Station down under just ahead of the landing and celibrate, just as the craft touched down it was decsuvered that the feed was upside down and switched to the Goldstone receiving station from Austrailia that had just been fixed and the feed broadcast world wide was inverted to the propper orientation withen seconds of the cast.

or I could have some of it backwards:
https://www.skyandtelescope.com/astronomy-news/how-earth-saw-apollo-11-first-steps/

Working in the field of Physics I have met some really awsome people.

K
That's interesting, I've read a lot about what the australians saw that day (or night).

It's good to get facts by people who were really actually involved :smile2:

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Didn't the Big Bang Theory shoot a laser at the moon to prove there is a reflective mirror on the moon?
I mean...if you can't believe a broadcast sitcom who can you believe?
I don't know man, you can believe or not believe what you want!

I am just posing the question :grin2:

On a personal level, reflectivity is one of my less preffered moon landing evidence indeed.

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Utter rubbish from announcement to alleged execution...
Wow, that's a lot of negativity in general, poll is like 90% negative, didn't expect that at all!

What is the one undeniable piece of evidence that make you think that?

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
How was the earthquake, over there in Greece ? Heard is was at least a 5.3 ?
Off topic but no casualties and minor damage anyway :thumbup:

The quake was in Athens but we are quite used to earthquakes here in general, especially in Thessaloniki, my city.

·
Registered
21 Posts
How was the earthquake, over there in Greece ? Heard is was at least a 5.3 ?
Seriously who are you?!

You joined back in 2009 and you have just 16 posts? That other guy on page one has like a million posts and it's the first time I ever saw him posting.

This forum is WEIRD :|

·
Registered
40 Posts
I am nobody. Just a fellow Kawasaki-driver who found my way onto this forum some time ago, and the life I lead keeps me away from online-forums. Sorry if my presense 'creeps you out'...but...not much I can do about other's perceptions of me, is there ?

·
Registered
21 Posts
I am nobody. Just a fellow Kawasaki-driver who found my way onto this forum some time ago, and the life I lead keeps me away from online-forums. Sorry if my presense 'creeps you out'...but...not much I can do about other's perceptions of me, is there ?
Ok that's fine by me. I probably sounded like a dick above and it wasnt my intention. Sorry about that.

·
Registered
24,739 Posts
Seriously who are you?!

You joined back in 2009 and you have just 16 posts? That other guy on page one has like a million posts and it's the first time I ever saw him posting.

This forum is WEIRD :|
wait...am I the other guy in this equation?
I don't venture much out of the off topic section anymore.
Not many people are looking for info on J2 ZX6R's anymore.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts