Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Impossible to be certain about that

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Right, well then...guess I should probably engage in the conversation...

Footprints, tire-tracks AND an American-flag are there for all to see, where our Men landed, jumped out, did all their stuff & then lifted-off from. So, yeah...humans WERE there. The evidence is plain to see.

That said, I am a fan of sci-fi movies, and during the 'parent/teacher-conference' segment (at beginning of the Christopher Nolan directed movie 'Interstellar) my blood-pressure sky-rocketed when the a-hole 'lib/prog' (female) school-administrator fixed Mathew McConaghy with that 'oh-so-typical' alpha-female "do-and-think-as-I-say-OR-ELSE !" attitude, and lectured him on HER belief that the U.S. fabricated the entire Moon-landing as a means of forcing the Soviet-Union into banckrupting itself in an attempt to 'match' our achievements, step-for-step...

https://youtu.be/4DOArxQXoGY

...yeah, I've met more than a few lib/progs like that...can't say I have any appreciation for the mind-set (or the disposition) but it takes ALL types to make the world go-round, I guess.

Better that we all bring it out into the light & 'butt-heads', agree to dissagree, learn to make peace with it & get on with the business of LIVING...

...it's when we 'suppress' those thoughts & feelings, that the REAL nastiness begins.

There is SUCH a 'fine' line between Love & Hate...it boggles the mind, does'nt it ?

Maybe if everybody had a Kawasaki, we'd ALL be better-off ?

Hoping to get mine fixed & back on the road...damn carbs need rebuilt...

·
Registered
94 Posts
First off, I couldnt beleive this went to three pages until I read through them.

Second off, I am going to watch interdtellar with my daughter again now that you reminded me of how great it was (most of it).

Third, if everyone had a Kawi the world would be a better place for sure.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Indeed, in MANY ways, 'Interstellar' is a Father/Daughter - Father/Son movie.

Kinda/sorta glad I never saw this one with my Dad...he's never been one to show his emotions, but I have to think if I looked-over at him during the scene where McConaghy is desperately trying to make-peace with his daughter (prior to heading-out to deep-space) I am almost sure he'd be shifting uncomfortably in his chair...if not weeping-inwardly.

...the things we never QUITE get-around to saying to our parents...or to our children...when we SHOULD...

...moments lost...

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Indeed, in MANY ways, 'Interstellar' is a Father/Daughter - Father/Son movie.

Kinda/sorta glad I never saw this one with my Dad...he's never been one to show his emotions, but I have to think if I looked-over at him during the scene where McConaghy is desperately trying to make-peace with his daughter (prior to heading-out to deep-space) I am almost sure he'd be shifting uncomfortably in his chair...if not weeping-inwardly.

...the things we never QUITE get-around to saying to our parents...or to our children...when we SHOULD...

...moments lost...
The reason I didn't really like Interstellar was exactly that it was too much of a Father/Daughter movie! And that weird tesseract sequence.

Different people - different tastes but yes, that was a quite emotional cinema moment :smile2:

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #26

Footprints, tire-tracks AND an American-flag are there for all to see, where our Men landed, jumped out, did all their stuff & then lifted-off from. So, yeah...humans WERE there. The evidence is plain to see.

That said, I am a fan of sci-fi movies, and during the 'parent/teacher-conference' segment (at beginning of the Christopher Nolan directed movie 'Interstellar) my blood-pressure sky-rocketed when the a-hole 'lib/prog' (female) school-administrator fixed Mathew McConaghy with that 'oh-so-typical' alpha-female "do-and-think-as-I-say-OR-ELSE !" attitude, and lectured him on HER belief that the U.S. fabricated the entire Moon-landing as a means of forcing the Soviet-Union into banckrupting itself in an attempt to 'match' our achievements, step-for-step...

...yeah, I've met more than a few lib/progs like that...can't say I have any appreciation for the mind-set (or the disposition) but it takes ALL types to make the world go-round, I guess.

Better that we all bring it out into the light & 'butt-heads', agree to dissagree, learn to make peace with it & get on with the business of LIVING...

...it's when we 'suppress' those thoughts & feelings, that the REAL nastiness begins.

There is SUCH a 'fine' line between Love & Hate...it boggles the mind, does'nt it ?

I believe that we must be open minded no matter what we believe to be true.

I think that we did go to the moon but I also know that it happened during an era when image and impressions were the name of the game. It was a time of phoney, cold war, deception and secrecy when governements thought that they could get away with anything.

I don't think that anyone can provide solid proof of the deed until another mission certifies the evidence on the lunar surface that you mentioned. And anyway, any public, official admission of it never happening is out of the question, as it could cause major social unrest.

So my doubts are mainly academic, like how can the President put his country's integrity on the line and set a deadline for an achievement that was not scientifically proven feasible at that time?

Also, the mathematical chance of success for such a complex mission was practically zero, especially for it to succeed on first attempt, which makes the setting of a deadline illogical.

Anyway, I really think that it was great for the two superpowers to compete in the space race instead of spending their money in weapons and wars.

And I wrote "did WE go" because I really think it was an achievement for all man kind :wink2:

It seems that Kawasaki is the only solution after all :grin2:

·
Registered
40 Posts
ALL HAIL KAWASAKI HEAVY-INDUSTRIES ! ! !

LOL

Perhaps it is time for Sir. Paul McCartney to consider re-penning 'All you need is Love' to...'All you need is...'

(anybody ? anybody ?)

·
Registered
22 Posts

It's not about hate, it's merely about logic and evidence! We never went to the moon, it was impossible back then as it is impossible today. As GR rider wrote some things just cannot be unveiled even when time and technology exposes them as fake.

Just observe their body language and articulation, experts use this video in order to showcase how liars behave when confronted with questions:

·
Registered
24,740 Posts
So here's a thought....if you don't believe in the moon landing...where do you stand on the Mars rovers? We landed two Volkswagen sized rovers on a planet that is 33 Million miles further away than the Moon.
The Moon is typically 238,900 miles away...a distance a car can travel in its lifetime...Mars on its closest orbit is 33.9 Million miles away.

These rovers have been driving around for years taking pictures of the planet.
And we landed those there remotely. No human interaction involved in their actual landing process.

but you think we can't send a simple rocket to the moon and have guys visually land a small capsule?

Or are the Mars rovers a hoax too?

And we talk about the moon landing like it was a singular event.
There were 6 human landings and several other lunar landings that were unmanned.

·
Registered
22 Posts
So here's a thought....if you don't believe in the moon landing...where do you stand on the Mars rovers? We landed two Volkswagen sized rovers on a planet that is 33 Million miles further away than the Moon.
The Moon is typically 238,900 miles away...a distance a car can travel in its lifetime...Mars on its closest orbit is 33.9 Million miles away.

These rovers have been driving around for years taking pictures of the planet.
And we landed those there remotely. No human interaction involved in their actual landing process.

but you think we can't send a simple rocket to the moon and have guys visually land a small capsule?

Or are the Mars rovers a hoax too?

And we talk about the moon landing like it was a singular event.
There were 6 human landings and several other lunar landings that were unmanned.
You need to wake up, nasa themselves are saying that they are working on a safe way to pass the radiation belts and leave low earth orbit and even reach the moon!

And you still believe that they did all that 50 years ago, with 50 years older technology, materials, construction and computers and they forgot how to do it in the meantime?!

Manned missions are a billion times more complex than hard or soft landing probes and the soviets were better even at that.

Seriously it appears that some people just want to be manipulated sheep.

The nazis in charge of nasa knew that the biggest the lie, the easiest to serve it to the sheep and then americans just added their classic values, if you can't make it fake it and of course if it's worth doing it's worth overdoing...

·
Registered
24,740 Posts
You need to wake up, nasa themselves are saying that they are working on a safe way to pass the radiation belts and leave low earth orbit and even reach the moon!

And you still believe that they did all that 50 years ago, with 50 years older technology, materials, construction and computers and they forgot how to do it in the meantime?!

Manned missions are a billion times more complex than hard or soft landing probes and the soviets were better even at that.

Seriously it appears that some people just want to be manipulated sheep.

The nazis in charge of nasa knew that the biggest the lie, the easiest to serve it to the sheep and then americans just added their classic values, if you can't make it fake it and of course if it's worth doing it's worth overdoing...
NASA is looking for a safer way to pass through the radiation belt...they didn't even know about it 50 years ago, they just went head first through it, not knowing it was there.

So...I guess my question would be....why did they fake 6 human landings on the moon?
One should have easily been enough if their only goal was to fool humanity into thinking they did it. 6 fakes seems a bit overkill.

Also, there is a lunar orbiter that has mapped the moon, sweeping down as low as 31 miles above the surface and shows pictures of the footprint trails as well as many of the larger items left behind.
But those are all fake too.

And of the thousands of people that worked for NASA in those years...not one single person has ever come out and said it was fake.
You'd think one person would take the money and say its fake.
Nope...not a single one.

But hey...you do you man. If you think the planet is flat and we didn't go to the moon...that's you.

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
It's not about hate, it's merely about logic and evidence! We never went to the moon, it was impossible back then as it is impossible today. As GR rider wrote some things just cannot be unveiled even when time and technology exposes them as fake.

Just observe their body language and articulation, experts use this video in order to showcase how liars behave when confronted with questions:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4Bh-xMuodGg
Ha ha, never watched this before, they look sooooo guilty >:)

Not what I'd call hard evidence though...

·
Registered
40 Posts
Anyone who has served active-duty military (Commissioned and/or Non-Commissioned Officers in-particular) KNOWS that 'look' on their faces (and the deep-seated feelings which are fueling-it) only TOO well.

NO-body who plays games, or who is involved in 'shadowed-conspiracies' is even remotely capable of 'artificially-emoting' that look...not for ANY amount of money.

Trust me on this.

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Anyone who has served active-duty military (Commissioned and/or Non-Commissioned Officers in-particular) KNOWS that 'look' on their faces (and the deep-seated feelings which are fueling-it) only TOO well.

NO-body who plays games, or who is involved in 'shadowed-conspiracies' is even remotely capable of 'artificially-emoting' that look...not for ANY amount of money.

Trust me on this.
Hellenic Special Forces First Lieutenant in reserve here, my green beret has been collecting dust for years now but I can kinda relate to what you wrote above.

But as I said impressions do not constitute proof anyway.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Perhaps NASA should look into hiring engineering-talent from Kawasaki Heavy Industries ?

Then again, I would be really shocked if it turned-out that Kawasaki isn't already involved in some way, shape or form...certainly some related-tech must've surely found it's way onto the I.S.S. ?

I remember the early-models of the robotic-arms on the Space Shuttle had 'Canada' stenciled on them, but I believe Kawasaki was deeply embedded in the construction of those arms, if nothing else.

Would'nt that be cool, if the first 'fastest' probe or manned-mission was sent out via something with 'Kawasaki' emblem stenciled on it ! ! Seems only fitting...lol

21 - 40 of 51 Posts