Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, my bike started missin a week ago or so, it would just do it when i start up the bike for a min or so. Well a few days later i started it up to go to work and it missed the whol eway there and back (sounded like a harley haha). well i get home with new plugs, check all the boots with a new plug to make sure they all spark, put in the new plugs and it still misses. my friend at the shop thinks its the valves, should i just run through the normal valve clearance procedure ? will i be able to see whats wrong or what shoudl i do? thanks a ton, cash is kinda low right now seeing hows im going to get a jeep so if at all possible it needs to be done in my garage :) thanks and its a 95' zx6r!

·
Registered
355 Posts
sorry dued... I have no idea what could be wrong with your bike, and honestly if there are not any other post to your question, there is a huge possibility that others have ni concrete answers as well. The first thing I would think would be fuel, but I doubt that you have not been doning anything different than you have been doing previously.

(just didn't want you to think that no one is even reading your post and raking our brains to help you out..)

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
How many miles on the bike? What do you mean by "missing" ??? Have you HAD a valve clearance check done previously ??? Valves don't typically go badly out of spec FAST, they go gradually... if this is a NEW phenomenon, could more likely be electrical somehow...

Also, the usual suspect is a good starting point... the fuel system. Cleaning and synching the carbs is always beneficial when the bike's not running right. If the bike hasn't been run much so far this year, could also be a bad fuel / moisture issue. Start ruling out what it can be one by one.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Right, i'll check the carbs asap, my dealer is gonna check the compression on the cylinders for free. I thought it was missing and not the carbs was b/c it went from running perfect to chuggin, hard to explain. also the massive decrease in power. i pulled the plugs to put new ones then checked the plug on the cylinder i thought was causing it and unlike the others its all black, and according to my hefty defty manual that means its missing or something, the others were brown / tan where the spark came from. so i pulled the wires and reattached the 4th wire a lot tighter ( it was loose) but it still runs bad... thanks for the help guys i know your trying but right now this is my only vehicle so it suxxors having my whiney gf haul me around :) peace yall!

·
Registered
202 Posts
start the bike up and make it idle.feel the header pipe in the front.feel each pipe and see witch pipe is cold ,start there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.