Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm taking the MSF for the first time. I've been riding for about 10 years and have ridden all sorts of bikes but this has got to be the most fun. I was "given" this bike for the class.

Q link XP 200 PHIBBS POWERSPORTS ALBANY, NY (518) 459-5000

Yes its slow and very under powered but for some reason I friggin love it. Its more "fun" than my 10r because I can really hammer on the throttle and not worry about going 100mph or bringing the front wheel up. Don't get me wrong, hitting the twisties is a riot, but the bike is too..... serious? It wants to kill you with every twist of the throttle. I was told that they might be selling the bike at the end of this year and would sell for dirt cheap (under a grand). I was thinking about picking it up just to tool around/beat the hell out of. Anybody know anything about this company?

Also, what other small bikes do you guys find plain ole' fun?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Actually my MSF led me to a fun small bike as well. We had a variety but I loved the Yamaha TW200. So much so that I plan to buy one in the next year and make it my dirt trail/camping bike.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
So I'm taking the MSF for the first time. I've been riding for about 10 years and have ridden all sorts of bikes but this has got to be the most fun. I was "given" this bike for the class.

Q link XP 200 PHIBBS POWERSPORTS ALBANY, NY (518) 459-5000

Yes its slow and very under powered but for some reason I friggin love it. Its more "fun" than my 10r because I can really hammer on the throttle and not worry about going 100mph or bringing the front wheel up. Don't get me wrong, hitting the twisties is a riot, but the bike is too..... serious? It wants to kill you with every twist of the throttle. I was told that they might be selling the bike at the end of this year and would sell for dirt cheap (under a grand). I was thinking about picking it up just to tool around/beat the hell out of. Anybody know anything about this company?

Also, what other small bikes do you guys find plain ole' fun?
Hah! When I was taking my MSF course @ HVCC earlier this year, this bike was next to the 250R I rode. The guy riding it seemed to enjoy it, but, it just wasn't my style.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes it is the same course at HVCC. Its good stuff.

I'm taking the course for a few reasons. First, I feel like a bit of hypocrite pushing all my friends taking it when I haven't. Second, hopefully I can learn something, or a technique that I never picked up on my own and become a better rider. Third, my license status is kind of unknown. I took and passed the road test about 8 years ago but DMV had a "glitch" and I no longer have one. Even DMV shows that I took and passed the test, but they won't but the M endorsement on the license. Quite a surprise when I'm sitting on the side of the road and the trooper tells me he is gonna have to tow the bike because I don't have a license. Judge dismissed the case but rather than deal with that crap again I'll just take this and be done with it.

Plus HVCC has some advanced rider courses that I might take and you need this as a pre-req.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts