Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
need more power. ive got a 00 6r with full muzzy, jetted, 14t front sprocket. (i really want a 12r, but its going to be a few years before i get something else). anyway, was wondering what you fellas have done and if you have 1/4mile timeslips or dyno sheets showing what it all did that would be quite helpful. i havent been able to find much for items such as cams, etc. i know nitrous is a quick boost but i want something thats there all the time. anyone running a low 10 sec. 1/4 let me know what youve done. thanks in advance. p.s.- anyone know if a 9r motor will fit?

·
Registered
4,295 Posts

·
Registered
940 Posts
check out Nick Ienatch's book titled "Sport Riding Techniques"......check out Chapter 1 titled "The Chain's Weak Link"....

in there you'll find plenty of ways to go faster....

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
da man, i did a search and saw that topic. however, the bikes that were in low 10's were 03's. i was looking for someone with same model as i have. just wanted to see if any j1's were running in the low 10's. thanks everyone.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Strap front end down, dogbones on the back to lower it, air shifter and extended swingarm. Those are just for staightline draggin'.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Oh yeah a Shinko to hook up the rear!!!!!

·
Registered
68 Posts
2000teamgreen, If you want more power thats there all the time, I recommend going another tooth down in the front and +5 in the rear and a 520 race conversion chain. This will give you alot more quickness, but remember it will also take away from the top end. If you want faster 1/4 mile times, this is one way to do it.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Im im not mistaken... expect about a 7% increase in the bottom / midrange performance of the bike and about a 7% decrease in the top end performance of the bike. What you gain in the bottom you lose up top.

·
Registered
68 Posts
15/40 is stock gearing. Going down 1 tooth in the front is like going up 3 in the back and will give you very noticable quickness especially off the line. Like previously stated by Six-R, you will lose some top end speed.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i tried to go down another in the front and couldnt find a 13t front sprocket where i live. havent looked online yet. i think i might just go up 2 in the back. hoping to get the head ported and get cams. gotta come up with the green though.[?]

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
i satrted a post like this a few weeks ago. im going for internals AFTER i get more info

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.