Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
She's a beaut!

Damn I want an 03 so bad. I was this > < close from trading my 02 in for an 03 and paying the difference. The dealer said it would have been easy to do, but I didn't feel like increasing my debt anymore than it is already.

I like that hugger you have...where did you get yours?

026R YELLOW!

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
The hugger is the stock one off the bike, only painted red. Stole the idea from another member of this forum after I (sigh) HAD to have my solo cowl re-painted, but that's another story. [V]

"Keep yer feet on the pegs and your right hand cranked."

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Sorry for you guys getting sick of looking at her, but these ones are at least a LITTLE more up to date... with the short stalks mounted, the hugger painted red (and the solo cowl REpainted red... argh), and the tank protector...

·
Registered
284 Posts
Looks awesome. I just don't like looking at it too much because I'm trying really hard to convince myself that I should hang on to my ancient relic for a while longer. ;)

----------------------
Dave Lee
Red '02

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
Looks awesome DJ. Hugger adds a great touch to the bike.

Ken - Yellow '02

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Looking as great as ever DJ...here's a question for ya. I've nevere really looked too close before...is the 03's rear seat the same shape/size as the 02's (actually I guess 98-02's)?

You can probably see where I'm going with this...wondering if the seat cowl can be retro-fitted for a pseudo 02-03 look. And if it did fit, that would mean the handles could be shaved off and the 03's seat used since it has a seat handle built in. I occasionaly take passengers so I want to laeve somethign for em.

Don't go measure it or anything, but from eyeballing it or memory, do you think they're close? It might be too much hassle anyway if they mount different.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Sorry to say but I am pretty sure it wont work without major mod(buying an 03) By the way DJ, I think your bike looks like crap, ugliest thing I have ever seen! J/K;) Keep it up!

"I love your butt, cause it is just the right size to loose my boot all up in it"

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
No biggie eltorito. If I really had to have that look I'd trade up. Just always thinking of stuff to do to the bike. In fact, I might not have liked how it would look anyway...ya know, an 02 with 03 stuff might look kinda tacked-on. But ya never know unless ya try. I wouldn't have paid retail for that stuff anyway. If I knew it worked, I'd just wait until somone was parting out a wrecked one.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Seats a fair bit different than the '02 Grunt, sorry bro... a bit narrower and more down-sloping at the front, maybe a tad wider at the back, but different overall... and the locking mechanism is different too...

And by the way, I vote you DON'T trade in yours on an '03... keep it and buy an '03 outright with some of those buckets o' cash you got laying around the house... :D ... they'd look soooooooo perty side-by-side in the Grunt family garage...

·
Registered
671 Posts
Well, what can I say, the red still looks the best, but our bikes are starting to look like twins now that you painted your hugger also! Now you just have to remove your stickers, and put the flush mounts on up front, j/k. I got an idea from you also DJ, but the lettering on my tires is red! Gonna suck when I get my 208s, because I will have to do it all again. I also painted the intake screen gold to match the forks, unfortunatly, most people don't notice, they think it is stock. I really need to get some more pics, but it is starting to be the rain season...I guess. Cold to rain, guess someday I might break 2K. Speaking of repainting the cowl, did you see the vid I posted. If you missed it here it is again. http://www.members.cox.net/zx636skiv/flying_cowl.wmv

Grunt, I think that someone makes a solo cowl for your bike, but it might just fit over the seat rather than replace it. Check out my links site, maybe you will have some luck there.

C-Ya.....Skiv
http://www.SportbikeLinks.net
'03 ZX6r
'91 ZX6d
http://www.geocities.com/skiv_here/6r.html

"Pain heals, chicks dig scars, but glory lasts forever"

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Skiv, you're right, I think pretty well all of the cowls for the pre-03's were essentially the same size as the seat. I wasn;t really in the market for one either...just looking at those sweet DJ pics (BIKE pics:D) started the though process LOL. And he's right...I'll just have to just get an 03 as a second (track) bike [8D].

:D Ken...I finally found out what your crazy signature is. I knew that freaky thing looked familar for some reason. Was goign through some of my olf links and happened to check out the "email" section of that site and found the "system is down" crazyness :D

·
Registered
299 Posts
DJ; I'm hooked on your bike...

I'm SO trading for a red one as soon as possible.

I've just got to figure out a way to sneak it past my mom...

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Hey BoyRacer, was beginning to wonder if you were still around here...

Listen, let's get together for a ride sometime, then you can see it up close to decide if that's the way you wanna go...

Why not get the green ZX636R... I never see 'em around... everybody bought black or red it seems - and that way your folks won't know! And I tell ya, I've ridden a few times now with WAN2FLY on his ZX6RR and when he comes into view in my mirrors it just screams out Kawasaki racebike to me...

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
D'oh !!! I gotta start layin' off the sauce... of course his bike is yellow... bad DJ bad !!!

Anyhoo, let's still get a ride or two in sometime huh?

About to head out to the Ice House right now a-smatter-of-fact... laters !!!

·
Registered
299 Posts
Yeah... I'm still around here. Just been riding like a fiend...

I got an offer on my bike from someone just walking by the other night. It's very handsome... let's put it that way. The local shop has a silver, and a red one left. Everytime I go to NRC, I have to rub my berries on that thing. I just love it.

IF NRC could locate a green one for me when/if this deal goes through... I would get one. I just can't get past that whole (how'd you put it DJ?..) FU*K ME red. My point is, I couldn't go long without a bike. I would need something REAL quick after losing the yellow one.

Isn't it called Passion red or something to that effect?

Hey! Has anyone seen the new Hindle high mount on an '03? Makes the '02 look like someone forgot to finish designing it before they put it on the market.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
One of my closest riding buddies just swapped his regular-mount Hindle for the high-mount on his '01 R6, and it looks pretty sweet... wonder if it's the same bend you're talking about?

·
Registered
299 Posts
His probably looks better than mine...

All of the ones that I have seen come way up by the subframe, and follow the tail out. Whereas mine comes sort of up and out... but doesn't really follow the lines of the bike. It just points up a little higher than stock.

Don't get me wrong, I love the performance, and the sound... I'm just not enthused about it's location.

Oh well. [B)]

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.