Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Moriwaki is to Honda what Yoshimura is to Suzuki and what Muzzy (used to be) to Kawasaki. They make some pretty nice stuff. Check out their rendition of the RC-211V pipe for the 600RR - it's tempting me to own a CBR1k [:eek:]

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Their build quality is actually pretty good, but as SB suggests, they seem to spend all their advertising and development dollars on Honda products. I'd go Akrapovic if you were going to spend that money, without a second thought.

·
Registered
349 Posts
No, it's not as expensive as F***. The build quality is fabulous.
I paid $850 for the full system. Others might pay a little more :D. Check out http://www.bvhmotorsports.com . Yes, kick down another $400 for an Akro system. I wouldn't, without a second thought :).

·
Registered
364 Posts
im not sure what your trying to compare here between a akra exhaust, and the other exhuast (caugh caugh) mentioned here in this thread. if i read correctly, the Moriwaki headers are S.S. and the akra is full titainium. i have recently installed the akr evolution on my bike its just, simply AKRAPOVIC. the fit, the welds, the weight, the sound, the looks i could go on and on. its worth every penny and more!!!!

·
Registered
349 Posts
Oh great, another Akra (cOugh cOugh) owner is offended.... Yeah, they better show up and start defending their $1400 exhausts....[:p]

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I just thought of the moriwaki's as pretty, HAH! I'm still saving up for the Sato from Dan Kyle. Sato all the way y0. *LOL*

·
Registered
364 Posts
no offense here:) i guess its kinda like a zx10 vs. zx7, both will perform very well, but one of them performs better. i wasnt dogging out Moriwaki, but it just seems that you would wanna compare apples to apples, and oranges to oranges when it comes to material, performance gains, quality, ect. and bye the way, the Moriwaki pipe looks very nice. and i didnt pay 1400 for my exhaust:)

·
Registered
349 Posts
T-type: Check out the Arata Dan also sells. Amazing quality on par with Sato. Massive power gains too. And it's less $$.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
The Aratas look FAR better in person than the Satos in my skewed opinion. The Sato cans just don't do anything for me, and the tubes on the Arata look much better too. To each their own.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Moriwaki actually had their best race sucess with Kawasaki (in Japan) when they won a championship...forget what one or where I read that though. I think it was on an older bike like a Z1 maybe.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.