Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which one do you guys think I should get? I'm really torn between the two systems. Both look great. How do each of them sound? Does the arata system come with a different hanger? Are the horsepower gains the same? Do they both have available power commander maps? If any of you guys can answer any of these questions, I would appreciate.

Thanks,
David C.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Scooter...if you're reading this, give me the scoop on the moriwaki system because that's really the way I'm leaning...By the way, what fuel map did you use?

david c.

·
Registered
349 Posts
OK, you want it, you got it. Both are excellent in fit and finish. The Arata is full Ti. The Mori is Stainless header/Ti everything else. So it's cheaper. Both systems sound about the same, I think the Mori is just a hair louder, but maybe that's because I'm riding it. HP gains are very similar (I haven't had my bike dyno'd, but Bob at BVH says it's equivalent to the Arata). I'm not running a Mori specific map, but Dan Kyle's, which, ironically, was developed for the Arata system. And the rainbow pipe looks really good on the Blue 636, even after it's wrecked. :). I personally chose the Mori based on the race bred tradition and past experiences from my RC-51. You really can't go wrong with either system. The Mori was about $300 cheaper than the Arata (I got a discount) which helped influence my decision. My 636 was a new (scarier) machine with the Mori system. Strongbad's right, if you have the $$ to burn for a full Ti system with performance #'s to match, the Arata CAN'T be beat. Good luck with your decision. Let us all know. And the Mori comes with all hardware necessary for mounting (hanger).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.