Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ride at night to avoid, whelp: MORONS. It was working rather well... until the other night.

Long day at work and I need some stress relief ZX6R style. I was only going for a few quick runs than back home so I decided to leave my garage door open so that I can just shoot back in when I got home (that was the plan, anyways).

I'm blasting along for 10-20 mins, get it up to 105 in a 45 for a few; feeling good. Ah, much better! :) I feel like new again. Let's bring her home. :D

So I head home and I get behind this car going maybe 25 mph. They turn onto my street. My house is right on the corner, "Okay now I'll just gun it into the gara------- WTF!"

And here this moron, right after making the turn onto my street, swerves and stops across the front of my driveway, blocking any and all access to my garage.

I clutch down.. I come to a crawl, giving them every opportunity to move like away from my Fn driveway. But they don't move.

I then decide I will pass them on the left, and come back and then hopefully they move by then. As soon as I point the bike to go around on the left, they jerk their car to the left for a brief moment, then stop again. "Okay, I'm DEFINITELY not going around this person to get creamed" I thought.

Where I did have all the time in the world to stop, now I need to come to an abrupt stop because I have nowhere else to go. I stop, put my leg down, but the abruptness of the stop on conjunction with the street being sloped has the bike leaning at too much of an angle for me to hold up.

I gently lay the bike in the middle of the street, breaking the $5 turn signal light cover. [B)]

I stand at my bike, thow my arms up in the air, and scream through the helmet, "WHAT ARE YOU DOING!?!?!? MOOOOVE!"

(I glance down looking at my bike laying on the ground, praying another MORON doesn't come flying around the corner taking the bike or mysel fout)

This stupid little whores head pops out... and she has the audacity to say, "That's what you get for going so fast!"

WHA WHA WHAT!?!?!? Going so.. WHAT!? [:0] I had been behind this b!tch going 25 MPH for the past minute before this even happened. Even IF I was speeding (and I was not), at least ***I*** know where the F I am trying to go.. at least I know what I am doing out on the road, at least I don't have my head lodged up my ass when I am controlling a motor vehicle.

My initial instinct [}:)] was to take off my helmet, walk up to her car, hit her upside the face with my helmet, then slam her face into her steering wheel repeatedly until her eyes came out of the sockets and all her teeth were gone, but I did not feel like going to jail.

No - I will just stand here with my helmet on and scream at her. I don't want to have a conversation with her, I JUST want my bike and mysel fout of the middle of the street; I want my bike in my garage and I want myself in bed. [|)]

"JUST MOVE YOUR CAR"

<no response>

"MOVE YOUR CAR!!!!!!!!!"

<no response>

:( "MOVE YOUR FUCKING CAR OUT OF THE FUCKING WAY SO I CAN PARK MY FUCKING BIKE INTP MY FUCKING GARAGE!!!!!!!!!!"

<confused look>

:(:( "JUST MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE! I LIVE HERE!!!!!"

FINALLY she moved out of the way.

I lift the bike up and it won't start from being layed down. I then push it up my steep driveway and make sure she didn't get any other boo-boos other than the cheap peice of plastic turn signal light cover... okay shes A-OK.

I then spent the next 2 hours laying in bed wondering what the hell I could have did differently and WHY the hell did she stop across the front of my driveway for no reason? WHY WHY WHY!?!! It totally ruined what could have been a great night of riding.

And to make it even worse, this MORON turns out to live on my street somewhere.

GOD WHY ARE PEOPLE SOOOOO STUPID [?]

·
Premium Member
8,191 Posts
doh, thats sucks... she was probobly moving over to let you pass.

I almost did the same thing last week.. after riding home with a buddy, I was just crawling behind a car, it turned onto my street, as did I and my buddy, I looked in my mirror so see where my buddy was, and then I look back in front of me, and the car is stopped dead, waiting to turn into his driveway!.
I locked up both wheels, the back end came around a bit, and I had to put my foot down, but I kept it up. Damn close..
So we pull into my driveway and my buddy is like "I was sure you were going down!". nice skid marks on the road now though :)

·
Registered
98 Posts
Sorry to here that bro... but when i was reading that and i came across the part about what you "wanted" to do to her, i started laughing so hard 3 people came into my office asking what was up...very sorry to hear about your bike.. glad it wasnt to bad...[V]

·
Registered
22 Posts
You proved to have more will than i would. If i saw her on the ground, i'd most likely throw my helmet through her windshield to teach her a lesson. [:M114]

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
You'd fu** up your helmet too? Why? You've got many of them?

Granted that's what I would feel like doing, but I wouldn't really do it.

The streets abound with morons and assholes. Trying to educate/change/teach them a lesson is like trying to kill every mosquito there is, pointless.

Greensmoke, maybe if she lived close you could go talk the thing through with her, ask her what she was trying to do and why. Shouting and namecalling seldom makes anyone change their behaviour, given the shield of anonymity that random encounters give.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Sad but funny story!! I found out the hard way not to let idiot's get to me. Every time I ride, which is almost everyday, someone tries to kill me! This includes cagers, truckers, rubs and squids. It's a game of survival! My advice to you is, Don't bother responding, just ride and maneuver to survive. Relax, and don't let your emotions cloud your skills. Sounds like you're a good rider. Don't waste your energy on the person who just tried to kill you 'cause the next one is right in front of you.:D

·
Registered
84 Posts
Posted - 08/30/2003 : 03:46:49 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sorry to here that bro... but when i was reading that and i came across the part about what you "wanted" to do to her, i started laughing so hard 3 people came into my office asking what was up...very sorry to hear about your bike.. glad it wasnt to bad...

LMFAO[:p][:p][:p][:p]

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was so confused at the whole scenario that I cant even identify who it was on my street or what make of car it was. The only thing I cared about was to get my bike and myself out of the street.

I think what I get more mad at is myself; the fact that somehow, somebody still gets one over on me. Just when I think I know how stupid everybody is, somebody does something so illogical that my brain's retard-allowance quota becomes overloaded and I short circuit.

Good words of advice, Barflyer. I haven't been riding very long but I have alot of 4-wheel track experience and a lot of this is just so natural to me (guess I'm a gearhead).

I really love to ride, REALLY but every time I strap on the helmet I think to myself, "Geesh, I wonder what Fn tools I'll run into this time".. it sure takes some enoyment out of it.

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
That's why <drum roll here> you take it to the track!!!!:D

Nobody trying to kill you there, and it's way more fun too[:p]

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
I've been in similiar situations with people blocking my driveway. Usually they think they are being nice and letting me go through the narrow road first, but then I have to point out to them my driveway. Usually they get the idea and move along at that point.

Though I have plenty of stories over the years about stupid things people have or nearly have done to me. I have definately called some winners out there some very interesting names, to be kind.

BC.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
One important thing about my street, it is a court with maybe 40 houses on it? Somebody who lives on the street pulling over to let me go makes no sense?

·
Registered
226 Posts
Hey, Greensmoke, did you make the turning signal letting her know you wanted to turn into the garage? If not, you have no reason to complain... If so, you should have smacked her like you wanted... but then again... no one wants to go to jail... To Hit or Not to Hit, That is The Question!

·
Registered
37 Posts
It's a disgusting feeling when you can't hold your bike up, isn't it. Everything just slowwwwwws down.

I hear you.

Ride Safe.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yep, signal was on. I always use my signals. I should have gave her the finger signal.

I think if I had a newer or more expensive bike, I'd get more upset about having to lay it down. Being that it is a 98 (even though its remarkably cherry for 14K miles), it just isn't that much of a deal to me... though of course, I'd rather avoid it. My next bike will probably be a different story.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I always get ghetto savage on folks like that - always seems to work. Just be sure to size up the idiots/morons correctly and prepare for violence. It also helps to be known as the most ruthless motherfucker on the block.

Always memorize the person, car and plate of potential idiots. And expect stupidity on the road, especially in Northern Cali. I can't tell you how many times I called it on cars passing me and realise immediately that are going to be trouble for me or someone else.

·
Registered
132 Posts
You'll have to accept motorcyclists are an outlaw breed in the United States. That door swings both ways: yes, the respect and awe; but also the contempt and fear. You hit the "contempt" part the other night. There wasn’t anything you could do.

Sorry about what happened, though. Chalk it up to a sequence of unfortunate coincidences. Think about it. Then don't think too hard about it ever again. Pay your dues, and move on.

When I’m forced to deal with motorists, I approach very slowly with a big smile, removing the helmet. Teddy Roosevelt said it well, “move slowly, but carry a big stick!” Most non-bikers assume right off we’re all homicidal. Why else would anyone ride a bike, they figure. Whatever.

You got off light: a buddy crashed his R1 while not being a hooligan, in a rural area, minding his own business. Bolt-out-of-blue sort of accident due to an oil slick at a turn apex. A cager stopped and started screaming at him about how all bikes are dangerous, he’s dangerous, blah blah.

A police officer arriving on seen a little later issued a citation, with no facts, witnesses, or anything else. Total frame-up: I know this guy, he’s an anti-squid. We got our favorite lawyer on the case and all’s dismissed, but the PITA factor was very large: totaled R1, freaked-out girlfriend, light injuries, insane bystanders, pissed-off cops, etc. All he wanted was a nice quiet ride with his girlfriend.

Life throws us curve balls, dude: been there, done it on a bike myself.

-=DRB=-

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.