Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering if anyone has ridden or compaired the klx250sf, dr-z400sm or the wr250x. I love the look of the klx250sf but just worried about the power. Does the Suzuki have that much more power? The Suzuki is kind of fugly. I like the fact that the Yamaha has fuel injection but I'm not a fan of the Yamaha blue plastic and the stupid square headlight. I realize that there are other motard bikes out there but these ones seem the most affordable so I'm just looking for some info on these bikes.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have the KLX400 and there is a fair bit of extra power than just a standard 250.

If you get a 250 for Motarding you would want to hope it is a really tight track. Even with the 400 on a 3.9km track you wind it out to much for 2 long.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Unfortunatly we can't do that up here in BC as ICBC (Insurance Corporation of BC) will not insure a bike that has not come from the factory as road legal. I would love to have a KLX450R for the road but it's too late now.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I didn't think about that issue. It more than likely applies here in the US too. (I know I've seen street legal Kawasaki supermotards on the street. Maybe they started out with a KLR dual sport and changed the suspension, wheels and tires).

·
28,939 Posts
I didn't think about that issue. It more than likely applies here in the US too. (I know I've seen street legal Kawasaki supermotards on the street. Maybe they started out with a KLR dual sport and changed the suspension, wheels and tires).
it can be done but not in every state, each ones different.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts