Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts

·
mad dum son
2,387 Posts
I just read the article on cycleworld about the KTM.[:p] man is that a delicious bike. I haven't heard a sinlge person that has riden it that has not lusted over this bike.

·
Registered
320 Posts
The Motards are bigger in Europe, and unfortunately to tall for my vertically challenged body. The idea of having all that torque with the ability to go on and off road is the making for the perfect hooligan bike.

Wheelie down the main drag then off into the sticks, nowhere to be found.[8D]

·
Registered
619 Posts
Supermotards are fun as hell. There will be one in my garage in the future. They are great bikes to do wheelies and stoppies. Great bikes to just fuck around with. I like the DR-z400 from suzuki and of course this aprilia.

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
I'd really be interested in the Aprilia one. The only thing is I was told by the Aprilia rep at the motorcycle show that the street version would be $8,999. That's crazy for one of those. I'm horribly tempted though.

A couple of my friends and I have been talking about building them up.

·
Registered
130 Posts
My '06 Husqvarna SM610:

Since I took these pics, I've ditched the mirrors and mudflap, added Cycra triple-clamp mount handguards, axle sliders, and a full Ti Leo Vince exhaust.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Originally posted by Enemy Zero
I'd really be interested in the Aprilia one. The only thing is I was told by the Aprilia rep at the motorcycle show that the street version would be $8,999. That's crazy for one of those. I'm horribly tempted though.

A couple of my friends and I have been talking about building them up.
That Aprilia engine would be a good platform for a small sportbike. People wondered about how they would use it, but with the finacial troubles and ownership from scooter giant Piaggio, who knows. To me, a small GP style bike (utilizing that engine) unleashed on American soil would be a breath of fresh air.

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
The expected price of the Aprilia doesn't surprise me, after all, when the KTM Duke was released, it cost more than any of the Japanese 600 sportsbikes.

A few of my friends have Motards and love them (Husqvarna 520, Yamaha WR250, WR426, Honda SL230 :D, XR650, KTM Duke 1, 520, LC4, Kawasaki KXF450, KXF 250, VOR). Some of them race their Motards occasionally as well. I very nearly bought a Duke instead of the '05 636 at the start of last year.

JF, did you see the thread about the possibility that Kawasaki might bring out a 250cc four-stroke single-cyl sportsbike in very much a GP style package? It's in the "Factory" forum somewhere. It would be great to see something like that happen.

·
Registered
4,233 Posts
For you motard guys, why do they stick their foot like they are on a dirt bike, is it for a feeler to like we do with our knees? I would be scared as fuck that my foot would get jacked up.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Super Ninja - There's a few reasons why they stick the foot out:
- many are ex-dirt racers, so that's thier natural style
- with the long travel suspension, the bikes slide around like crazy. It's great to watch them backing it into corners then powersliding out. So the foot helps stability
- most motard tracks are half tarmac and half dirt (with jumps/whoops etc), so the sticky tyres they use are never clean on the road section, plus they track dirt all over the place.
- because it looks cool

Don't worry about thier feet, the boots they use are almost indestructible.

·
Registered
577 Posts
I always thought the term "motard" was derogatory. It just sounds funny, like somebody just called me a "Motorcycle Retard" or something.

"Yo, man. Why you riding that dirtbike on the freeway? You must be a stupid motard." LOL :D

·
Registered
320 Posts
Originally posted by Nigel
The expected price of the Aprilia doesn't surprise me, after all, when the KTM Duke was released, it cost more than any of the Japanese 600 sportsbikes.

A few of my friends have Motards and love them (Husqvarna 520, Yamaha WR250, WR426, Honda SL230 :D, XR650, KTM Duke 1, 520, LC4, Kawasaki KXF450, KXF 250, VOR). Some of them race their Motards occasionally as well. I very nearly bought a Duke instead of the '05 636 at the start of last year.

JF, did you see the thread about the possibility that Kawasaki might bring out a 250cc four-stroke single-cyl sportsbike in very much a GP style package? It's in the "Factory" forum somewhere. It would be great to see something like that happen.
No I haven't. I'll check it out.[:M88]
I really like the idea of these small lightweight bikes on the road. It would calm things down a bit...and something like that on the track would be awesome. I had a freind that had a 125 GP bike (2 stroke track only) and he outrode many bigger bikes on that.[8D]

·
Registered
130 Posts
Originally posted by MJIGGA23
ratmotor that's a sweet motard. How much out the door?
MSRP was 7499, I think I paid 8200 OTD
http://www.husqvarnausa.com/

SM's definately calm things down on the highway(mine cruises most comfortably around 75-80mph), but they make you ride like an absolute idiot at lower street speeds. You're basically just trading in speeding tickets for exhibition of speed\reckless driving tickets[}:)]

·
Registered
3,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Wow, thanx for all the replies. I've been outa town partyin in New Orleans scince I posted this topic.
Its just that I've seen a couple o tards around and they look like they'd be fun as hell to ride. I grew up rideing mxr's doin cross ups n silly stuff like that. These bikes look like they'd be a natural for cuttin up (in safe places).
Last week I went to just about all the mc shops here in Jackson lookin for Icon helmets to try on for size so I could order one from New Enough, any way I wound up at (God Forbid) a Suzuki dealership, and saw their version.
So I'm thinkin to myself,...... I got enough in the bank to put this bitch on my debit card and ride it outta here..... Then I got to thinking that a 400cc might fall alittle short on the highway.... Next I thought,.... Damn I ought to just sell my 04 636 and use the cash to pick up a 06 10R....... Decisions, Decisions............

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.