Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
that a DR400SM? if so, how is the power on those?

·
Registered
997 Posts
Motards kick arse, i'm yet to get to a go kart track but round the steets it'll smoke the 636....

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hell yea man i went out again today draggin peg around every turn my rear tire was shot the day that pic was taken i got a nice fresh one on now and Im 20x faster its addicting!

·
Registered
481 Posts
Aaron, it looks like you're pushing the bike down under your body in the corner.

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
Originally posted by aaronwilliams<br>

thats how your supposed to ride the motards dirtbike style.
actually its the same principles as a sportbike because you are on asfault. On my last track day there were guys racing motards with sportbikes getting there knees and shins flat on the ground and hanging off too.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Originally posted by JCP636

actually its the same principles as a sportbike because you are on asfault. On my last track day there were guys racing motards with sportbikes getting there knees and shins flat on the ground and hanging off too.
Sorry but are u saying motards should be ridden the same way as a sportsbike??? As if so missus 2 points for u champ u can corner much quicker with the foot out style especially when the back end is slipp'n all over the place watch AMA supermoto or any Euro comp, guys that ride motards with the knee out principle are just sportsbike riders that can't adapt the proper ridding style....heres a prim example of the difference in corner speed and lean angles u can round the out side foot out..

·
Registered
284 Posts
what kind of soles do they have on their boots that can take that kind of beating?

·
Registered
997 Posts
Replaceable ones seriously.... most time the foot isn't scrapping on the ground just acting as a counter steer....

·
Premium Member
4,776 Posts
I live less than an hour from Shawano WI - a track thats on the AMA motard line up. They rent KTM 560's for $65/hour, 2 hour min and $45 in the gate...if you have your own bike, $45 gets you the whole day on the track...now thats a hoot. We did it once, and 2 hours is a major work out. The track is tight, twisty, and with a ton of elevation change. The 560 will wheelie in 1st-3rd at will....drag a peg in the corner, as soon as you see the exit, whack it open and hoo-yaa... My buddy could back it in, but I don't think its any faster around the track...but is a good way to make a pass. I might just have to get one of them....the track time per dollar is tough to beat...and i have three tracks all within an hour of my house.

BARNES - How do you like your aprilia..?..those are sweet scoots...but the twin cylinder isn't allowed by the rules at the Road America track....

·
Registered
139 Posts
I endurance race a mini motard, and I keep my knee on the ground all day long........I can hold the bike up and maximize my corner speed. I see guys doing both, but you will NEVER catch me sticking my leg out like that. We are not on the dirt, so I don't see any advantage to holding my leg out like that.

To each his own I guess..............but they are fun..........even the little motards.

[8]

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.