Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Pics from an amazing three day event at my local track, the Serres Circuit, 60 miles from the city of Thessaloniki where I live!

Four GP legends, Giacomo Agostini, Freddie Spencer, Carlos Lavado, Pier Paolo Bianchi and many amazing GP and classic bikes :smile2:

The first turn of the circuit (K1) was named after Giacomo Agostini:

He is a bit of a diva but I was amazed to see him working for almost an hour over his bike trying to figure out what was wrong with the ignition!

He really seems to love motorcycles wholeheartedly :thumbup:

Freddie Spencer is an amazing person, very friendly and polite!

An amazing photo from the paddock, almost 20 world championship titles together :surprise:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Wow what an amazing event, I saw people from all over Europe and UK in your photos.

By the way some of them could be in motorcycle magazines!

Talking with Freddie freaking Spencer and touching Ago's legendary MV :surprise:

Thank you for conveying some of the magic to us :smile2:

·
Registered
22 Posts
I am not going to sing GR rider's praises once more, just a big thank you for another interesting, to say the least, thread.

What strikes me is that it's got just a couple of replies and likes and this is supposed to be a motorcycle forum...

Quite sad and indicative of selfishness and even arrogance, maybe if GR tracked an expensive motorcycle at a famous track he would be worthy of the modern motorcyclists attention :|

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow what an amazing event, I saw people from all over Europe and UK in your photos.

By the way some of them could be in motorcycle magazines!

Talking with Freddie freaking Spencer and touching Ago's legendary MV :surprise:

Thank you for conveying some of the magic to us :smile2:
Indeed there were people from all over and the paddock and parking was full and everything seemed well organized and smooth running :)

Thank you for your response and I am glad you liked the photos!

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am not going to sing GR rider's praises once more, just a big thank you for another interesting, to say the least, thread.

What strikes me is that it's got just a couple of replies and likes and this is supposed to be a motorcycle forum...

Quite sad and indicative of selfishness and even arrogance, maybe if GR tracked an expensive motorcycle at a famous track he would be worthy of the modern motorcyclists attention :|
I don't want anyone to sing my praises, I am just sharing stuff with fellow riders. You should stop criticizing other members, you expressed your own opinion about this topic and that's good enough for me. I am very glad that you liked it and found it interesting.

I have a bike that I love and I put it to good use and if I ever decide to buy a new one I will do that for me and not to show off to others!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Loved the videos, the track layout is very interesting, it seems like a world class venue.

Also I will have to agree with Kawisurrey, it is ridiculous how few people are responding to threads like this and he didn't really tried to hit at you and your bike but at the numerous lurking members who only ask questions when in need or 99% of their posts is hello and welcome posts. Two wheeled traveling, restoration and track days is the warm heart of motorcycling yet so many peoples choose to stay comfortably numb. Such a shame...

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Loved the videos, the track layout is very interesting, it seems like a world class venue.

Also I will have to agree with Kawisurrey, it is ridiculous how few people are responding to threads like this and he didn't really tried to hit at you and your bike but at the numerous lurking members who only ask questions when in need or 99% of their posts is hello and welcome posts. Two wheeled traveling, restoration and track days is the warm heart of motorcycling yet so many peoples choose to stay comfortably numb. Such a shame...
Thanks again, the track is F3 approved and by far the best in this corner of Europe. The paddock is now top notch and with a bit of state backing it can even host a MotoGP race, but in Greece this is highly unlikely to happen :|

I am not going to say anything about the second part of your reply as I've already stated my opinion, we are not responsible for other people's reactions so it is what it is...

·
Registered
22 Posts
My intention exactly...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts