Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this probably gonna be the stupidist question ever. I've always been a huge superbike fan and go to the races every year. But know nothing about MOTO GP. I know its mostly out of the U.S but whats the real difference between to two?

·
Registered
55 Posts
MotoGP bikes are puprose built race bikes, they dont have to start from production bikes. There is a lot more technology involved in MotoGP. I enjoy watchig both. I feel Superbikes can be more interesting beacuase they seem to have a little more uncontrolable power even though MotoGP bikes have more power. But MotoGP also has some very good races with big names and it is the top racing series in the world.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Think of MotoGP as the two wheeled equivalent to Formula 1. Complete prototype bikes, not aloud to share any common components of production bikes. On some tracks the speeds can exceed 220mph. Ridiculous ammounts of power in an ultra light package.

As far as riders go, I feel that they are the top of the crop. I know some will disagree but if you look at some former GP racers that have either past their prime, or were just mediocre performers, then went to World Superbikes; they usually end up dominating. Bayliss is a prime example, when he rode the Ducati GP bike in 03 and 04, he was nothing special, but when he moved to WSB he is the champ (yes I know he just won the Valencia GP, maybe he should move back). Alex Barros is another example, and I'm sure Biaggi will do well next season in WSB. I just feel that these guys are on a whole different level.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the input guys. The reason ive never really gotten into to moto GP is because I live in the boon docks and dont get satellite so I cant watch it. Ive experienced WSB first hand and think I'll stick with that since you can actaully relate your personal bike to the one screamin down the track on Sundays.;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.