Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

moto gp

2K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  02kwaker 
#1 ·
its all about how much money and resources the company is willing to through at it. the kawasaki and suzuki bikes are bikes that are only maybe 75% complete. the suzuki is making progress, but they need a new lead rider cause kenny roberts jr. is done. the same goes for kawasaki, they need a new lead rider cause mccoy is done. anytime you start blamming your finishs on a bike that is worth a million, unless it is like "it droped a cyclinder" or that something broke, you need to smacked. if you look at honda and ducati; they come out the box and just kick ass. why? because they choose to poor a shitload of money and effort into the bike. (btw i'll bet anyone in here that the next evolution of ducati superbike is a V4). yamaha started out kinda were suzuki is now, but they got there stuff together and now they awesome bikes to. i hope that kawasaki and suzuki get their stuff together, i'd really like to see the bikes more on a leval playing field. one thing i'm interested in is how well that V5 proton engine is going to do, should be interesting.

that is my view on it. if you put the best rider(s) on the best bike(s), it's just going to magnify how good the bike is.

#2 ·
Its not only the rider, the Kawi ZXRR is just no where near as good as the Honda's and Ducati's right now.
Part of the problem is their stubborness to use Dunlops which suck in MotoGP..

For all 3 Kawi riders to be pulling very similar lap times, a few seconds off the pace, shows its not the rider holding it back, its the bike.

I hope they do get that improved, I'd like to see some green podiums!

Kawi is the smallest of the big4 manufacturers budget wise. Kawi Heavy Industries is huge, but the motorcycle side is not that big.

-=Welcome To Canada=-

2002 Green 6R
1986 Gixxer 7/11

#5 ·
cool thanks.
think they would have done better if they used a four stroke instead of the two strokes? i heard the two strokes lose 15 km/h or 15m/h on a straight compared to fours. plus the fours pull better in corners. kinda strange descision on proton's part.

i am so moving somewhere where the riding season is longer!

#6 ·
the only thing that sucks about kawasaki is their relatively low standing in moto gp. they only have three riders![:0] you'd expect one of the big four japanese manufacturers to have a stronger foothold in the world of racing. it's the same with the parts canada superbike seris. they have [8] riders out of 50 some, although Owen Weichel is pretty good. i'd like to see kawasaki make a huge comeback in racing. hhmmm maybe i could do that [8D]

i am so moving somewhere where the riding season is longer!

#7 ·
Originally posted by spartan 116

cool thanks.
think they would have done better if they used a four stroke instead of the two strokes? i heard the two strokes lose 15 km/h or 15m/h on a straight compared to fours. plus the fours pull better in corners. kinda strange descision on proton's part.
The new Proton is a four stroke. The old two strokes could be made to produce more power, but it's really difficult to make more usable power out of a 500cc engine, given today's tire and chassis limitations. The two strokes days are gone. *sheds a tear*

#10 ·
Originally posted by 02kwaker

zx6rr is a prime example, got trick stuff on it, but the motor is junk.
Junk? Care to back that statement up with some facts? My ZX-6RR, which made 96 HP stock, is now making almost 108 HP with just a full system and a Power Commander III. With race gas, it makes 111 HP.

When I deck the head and cylinder block, I should see another 4 HP....maybe a little more.

That's not too bad in my book for any of the 600's.

Scott

#11 ·
Winders, agreed...

I think people are misguided comparing the 6RR in stock form to other 600's. Kawasaki designed this bike to be used as the basis for a race bike, right down to how the engine was developed to produce high-rpm power. In stock form, yeah, it's not going to be a great road bike for low-end grunt. It wasn't MEANT to be. Racers spend little or no time around 5,000rpm, and keep the needle above 10,000. Guess what? That's where the 6RR makes it's power. As you said, some simple race kit parts like the full exhaust and the PCIII bring the bike to life in no time. 111hp is very impressive.

"Keep yer feet on the pegs and your right hand cranked."

#12 ·
what is the new R6 and 600RR putting out? that 97hp is less than the gix 6, practically the same as the older kawi engine. kawi released the bike to early and tried to do to much at one time. if they had worked on little things it would have turned out much better; such as using the basic suspension they had last year but tweaked to make it better, worked on the frame to make it turn better, worked on the engine to make it so it could keep up with other 600's, dropped weight, and made other little tweaks (like yamaha does with the R6) and it could be a much, much better bike.

my 2001 zx6r was putting out 109.8hp on pump gas when it was still at WERA superstock rules, what is your point?

#13 ·
Originally posted by dj dunzie

Winders, agreed...

I think people are misguided comparing the 6RR in stock form to other 600's. Kawasaki designed this bike to be used as the basis for a race bike, right down to how the engine was developed to produce high-rpm power. In stock form, yeah, it's not going to be a great road bike for low-end grunt. It wasn't MEANT to be. Racers spend little or no time around 5,000rpm, and keep the needle above 10,000. Guess what? That's where the 6RR makes it's power. As you said, some simple race kit parts like the full exhaust and the PCIII bring the bike to life in no time. 111hp is very impressive.

"Keep yer feet on the pegs and your right hand cranked."
impressive for last year....

#14 ·
Originally posted by 02kwaker

what is the new R6 and 600RR putting out? that 97hp is less than the gix 6, practically the same as the older kawi engine. kawi released the bike to early and tried to do to much at one time. if they had worked on little things it would have turned out much better; such as using the basic suspension they had last year but tweaked to make it better, worked on the frame to make it turn better, worked on the engine to make it so it could keep up with other 600's, dropped weight, and made other little tweaks (like yamaha does with the R6) and it could be a much, much better bike.

my 2001 zx6r was putting out 109.8hp on pump gas when it was still at WERA superstock rules, what is your point?
I could not help noticing what you are rambling on, I ususally reserve my comments. HP usually is not measured to the decimal point, unless you have an acurate digital run and output from DINO or other accurate measuring device. Do you have the original write up/spec on your bike?

The ZX-6RR is and excellent bike and was designed in a way to place the add-on. Sure other bikes may have other/different HP output, the thing you need to keep in mind, bikes/other manufactures will always differ and a lot has to do with the rider along with what was done to the bike, machanic..etc.etc.

Usually bikes are always improved each year and I would say your bike is slower (2001) to the 2003 bike especially on the track. I would like to see you go against a stock 2003 ZX-6RR with the same level riding experience person and compare. You might be a little surprised.

If you ask if I have a 03 ZX-6RR, the answer is YES...Could I have purchased something else or some of great CC...The answer is YES...I have done my home work before purchasing. Am I planning to race, the answer is NO...Been there done that many years ago and now just a pleasure rider and meet new great people. Do I still have to race feeling in my blood...This will never change, my life/family priorities have changed

I am not here to slam you I just think you should be a little reserved on the statement and know the technical facts.

Remember, Kawasaki bought Suzuki or vis versa depending who you talk too. This will allow both to share greater and better technologies which you will see a number of imporvements to come!

Sorry to talk out but I was talken back back your statement.

Let try and keep the form a great and positive for everyone.

Wan2Fly.

Point A to point B is always faster when you Fly!

#15 ·
first off, it's dyno not dino. yes i have dyno charts from this year from CCS daytona.

have I ridden the new zx6rr? as a matter of fact, yes i have. i have also ridden the other 2003 including recently the 600rr. maybe it's just i expected more from kawi?

as far as which bike is faster on the track. i wouldn't be surprised if the 2003 is faster cause surprise surprise, it's lighter! i've ridden each bike back to back. although i wasn't used to the bike, i probley would have been faster given more time on the bike because i could carry more corner speed.

like i said, maybe i was expecting to much from the kawi. is the bike a good bike? yes, but not what it could be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.