Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those who dont know, the tickets for next years Red Bull Grand Prix went on sale today. Not like it would of mattered. They went on sale at 8am PT, and about 5 minutes till 8 the website went down. Has anyone got through to get their tickets over the phone?

·
Registered
245 Posts
i'm trying to get tickets. is the website down or just overloaded with ticket buyers. i have my girlfriend trying on the phone as well. hopefully we get through.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The website is completely down as far as I know. It happend about 15 minutes before 8. I said screw it. The tickets I want are long gone by now. Good luck with the phone. I got through on the phone just to be told, all ticket agents are currently busy, please try your call again later. Another black eye for Laguna Seca.

·
Registered
245 Posts
yah my girlfriend got through a couple times and was told all agents are busy. just have to be persistent i guess. what tickets were you going for?

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just wanted some Turn 11 Grandstand seats. I will probably get my main tickets through ROK again like I did last year. The seats to watch the race arent great though, so I wanted some near the start/finish. Good luck on getting those.

·
Registered
879 Posts
What is better ? turn 4 or 11 ? Everyone is telling me 4 is the better place to sit.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
4 is good, 11 is just closer to the start/finish etc. I have watched from 4 before, just wanted to try something different.

·
Registered
384 Posts
I walked the track during the race- that was definately the way to go i think. Id recomend tickets to turn 11 to see start/finish but, turn 4 you can see all the action right next to it or behind it so not much need to buy those tickets. get pit passes tho. Im reserving a hotel first and figuring the expense to get my bike out there this year. Looks to be the perfect place to ride, monteray and the mtn roads to get there.

·
Registered
84 Posts
F**k that,:( I went last year and will never go to laguna seca again. I have also gone to the see the old 500s when Wayne and Kevin were racing till they stopped coming. I was embarrassed by the condition of the track this time. What a crappy way to represent the US, such a poor showing especially the traffic problems that they supposedly fixed, what a joke. Those guys suck. If I go to another gp it will be in some other country. It will probably cost me less and I will see a better track and a better race and have a better time doing it. Just my $0.02 worth.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Originally posted by supersaiyan
F**k that,:( I went last year and will never go to laguna seca again. I have also gone to the see the old 500s when Wayne and Kevin were racing till they stopped coming. I was embarrassed by the condition of the track this time. What a crappy way to represent the US, such a poor showing especially the traffic problems that they supposedly fixed, what a joke. Those guys suck. If I go to another gp it will be in some other country. It will probably cost me less and I will see a better track and a better race and have a better time doing it. Just my $0.02 worth.
Well for one, the problems with the asphalt would of never happend, except for the heat wave that weekend. Unfortunately, it was hotter than it had ever been for 3 days at the track, and as a result thats what happend to the asphalt. I still think there was less complaining than last year by the European guys. As for the traffic problems, it is a motorcycle event and it caters to those on 2 wheels. I had absolutely no problems getting in and out on my bike. The bus system needs a little more refinement, which they have put into effect this year. My dad rode the bus, and he said it was still better than last year, when we went by car. I will go to Laguna till the GP is held somewhere else in the US, because it is OUR home GP, where we get to root for the American riders.

·
Registered
245 Posts
does anyone know what the difference between a green parking pass and a red one is? the parade lap ($75) comes with a green parking pass for all three days and there's the regular red motorcycle parking pass ($50). if they're virtually the same thing, i don't mind an ectra $25 to get on the track.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The red puts you right by the stands, the green puts you over in the turn 5ish area, which is where they do the staging for the parade lap. Parade lap was cool, but not worth 75 in my opinion. They were only 50 last year.

·
Neutered
2006 MV Agusta F4 1000S
8,446 Posts
Well last year the Turn 4 and 11 grandstand seats didn't sell out until sometime in June. Hopefully there'll still be some paddock passes available when I go to buy. The paddock wasn't so great so much as it was a killer short-cut to get between turns 4 and 11, and in the heat wave you'll take whatever you can get. lol I had grandstand seats for both turns last year, and would hop back and forth for each event, depending on wether I wanted to see passing or full-out speed. =)

Maybe I'll just get turn-2 Ducati Island passes, and call it a day. lol

·
Registered
250 Posts
go to laguna-seca.com.
Website was up last nite and this morning...
After a frustrating day yesterday I finally got tix last night

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.