Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I try to give the motor gas, it wants to bog out but once I get the revs up it seems fine. Im thinking its the fuel pump because Im not hearing it when I move the key into the start position. Shouldnt I hear the fuel pump prime when I first turn the key to on position. Before I order a fuel pump, could the motor be bogging for another reason?
Ive already cleaned the carbs numerous times.
Thanks

·
Registered
3,820 Posts
When I try to give the motor gas, it wants to bog out but once I get the revs up it seems fine. Im thinking its the fuel pump because Im not hearing it when I move the key into the start position. Shouldnt I hear the fuel pump prime when I first turn the key to on position. Before I order a fuel pump, could the motor be bogging for another reason?
Ive already cleaned the carbs numerous times.
Thanks
Fuel pump does not prime when the key is turned on. It only runs while the engine is cranking or actually running.

If the fuel pump was bad I would think it would run worse when you get the revs up since it would be needing more fuel. I would be looking at the pilot circuit in the carbs. The orifices are tiny, clog easily and can appear clear but still have junk in them.

When you say you cleaned the carbs, does that mean disassembly and soaking them or just spraying them out with carb cleaner ?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts