Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i recently bought a motor and put it into my bike cause i blew my last one. the motor may have flipped during transportation and there was oil in it so i was told not to start it due to oil may have gotten up on the pistons or something of that sort. does anyone know of a solution to this problem or think its fine to just start it?

·
Registered
202 Posts
if its been sitting upright for a while now it should be fine. not a bad idea to pull a plug and take a look into the cylinders first.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sweet thanks guys! it worked so now i have an idle issue it keeps idling at 3 k i have backed out the idle control all the way and even reached to the throttle and pulled it and the lowest i can get it to run is 1750 any thoughts?

·
Premium Member
15,937 Posts
sweet thanks guys! it worked so now i have an idle issue it keeps idling at 3 k i have backed out the idle control all the way and even reached to the throttle and pulled it and the lowest i can get it to run is 1750 any thoughts?
Check your cable routing and also check the throttle grip.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i am pretty sure the routing is fine with the throttle cable and the grip is fine. hoe do i find an air leak?

·
Registered
202 Posts
only place to look it the connection from the t-bodies to the cylinder head.
make sure the throttle plates are opening and closing properly. if your bike has a fast idle then could be something like an ect. if the bike thinks its cold all the time it will idle high.

·
Registered
28,591 Posts
only place to look it the connection from the t-bodies to the cylinder head.
make sure the throttle plates are opening and closing properly. if your bike has a fast idle then could be something like an ect. if the bike thinks its cold all the time it will idle high.
a vacuum leak will cause the same issue. any and all vacuum hoses, plus the airbox boots.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i took it all apart up to the throttle bodies and put it all back together again i think it was most likely an air leak somewhere in that but everything in working now, had radiator hose crack while i was riding (in shorts dont judge me i live in florida) and it may or may not have gave me some nice burns haha so i guess i got what i deserved. thanks for all the help! its awesome to have such a great community!

·
Registered
194 Posts
i took it all apart up to the throttle bodies and put it all back together again i think it was most likely an air leak somewhere in that but everything in working now, had radiator hose crack while i was riding (in shorts dont judge me i live in florida) and it may or may not have gave me some nice burns haha so i guess i got what i deserved. thanks for all the help! its awesome to have such a great community!
Ur an idiot

1 - 12 of 12 Posts