Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a great deal on some tires, but their staff is completely incompetent, here's my story...

So I took the hour drive to Motorcycle City yesterday to get the tires swapped on my bike with some Pilot Race's I bought from MC during their sale a few weeks ago. When I called they said they could do it right away, but when I got there they said it would take about 5 hours... So I reluctantly left my bike there to come back in the afternoon.

I knew it was a bad sign when the service manager asked me how I carried the tires there on my bike (which had track plastics on btw)... Hmm, a trailer maybe? Then someone asked me where my headlights were.

When I finally get back in the afternoon, my bike is dirtier than hell with black hand prints all over it. All of my safety wire is cut on the front and back wheels. I expected some of the fronts to be cut because you need to remove them to take the wheel off, but the back has quick releases and only the pins are safety wired to frame so I don't lose them, but that wire was cut as well.

Then as I'm trying to inspect my bike and get the hell out of there, the service manager reminds me to "take it easy for the first 100 miles or so". I took the liberty of reminding him that race tires lack the coating that normal street tires have on them. He knew they were race tires too, because when I handed them to him with the bike he asked me what the hell they were since he had never seen them before.

That's not even the worst of it. I have to sit in traffic for more than 2 hours on the way home during rush hour. I left the bike on the trailer when I got home, and later that evening took it to a friend's house to cut some stickers for it. I get home, unload the bike in the dark, put it in the garage for the night.

This morning, I wake up, open up the garage, and get down to making sure my bike is ready for the track day. When what do I see? My front wheel is about to fall off because some jackass at MC didn't tighten the pinch bolts on the forks.

Imagine if I had been riding my bike home...

I called the general manager over there and told him about the bolts. I also emailed him the pics. He sent me an email for a $50 gift certificate, but I doubt I'll ever go back there.

I don't think I'll ever take any bike I own to a shop again, other than maybe Racer's Edge for some engine work.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.