Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Brand new AGV X-vent helmet has just fallen apart. So I got this idea to start a thread for sub-standard gear. It would be good if people would not use this thread to defend the gear being talked about. I will start

My AGV X-vent: For $250.00 Its is a very heavy helmet. I bought it 3 weeks ago and the bottom ring has come unglued and fallen off. The breath diflector will not stay on and the foam has started to fall out.

Joe Rocket Highside 2 peice: I bought it and sold it a few days later the zupper is cheap plastic and it is sewn to the mesh liner of the Jacket and not the leather itself very dangerous and cheap.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
I think my brother also happens to have an AGV helmet, and the same thing you described happened to it. The thing fell apart, and it's been worn 15 times at most. My Shoei has been worn more times then I can count, and still feels new.

·
Registered
755 Posts
There was a AGV review on a motocycle website with the same problem. They took it back to the stealership they bought it from and they contacted the AGV local rep who said that it was a very commmon problem and replaced it for free. I don't know where you purchased it, but it is a problem that AGV will admit to.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Originally posted by sgates
There was a AGV review on a motocycle website with the same problem. They took it back to the stealership they bought it from and they contacted the AGV local rep who said that it was a very commmon problem and replaced it for free. I don't know where you purchased it, but it is a problem that AGV will admit to.

It was in Performance Bikes magazine, which is a UK magazine, so I'm not sure if US reps will cop to this or not. You can read the article in the new mag with the ZX10R on it.

·
Registered
755 Posts
November I belive. The cover has the ZX-10R on it and reviews the nwe liter bikes for '04. There is an email that some guy sent in saying the same exact thing you did and he took it back to the dealer and they fixed it since this is an appearantly common problem with the X-Vent.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I have an HJC AC-10 -- held up pretty well for past 2 seasons, BUT the quick release for the shield is a poor mechanism -- rarely lies flush AND I have snapped a plastic tab on a shield trying to put the f**ker on.
I bought an Icon Daytona leather jacket. I wanted something larger cut, for a more comfortable feel. The leather is great and it has armor, BUT the zipper pulltab snapped away from the slider 3 months after I bought it. So I put a ring on the slider (like a keyring) -- but I look like a goof with a big ring for a zipper.
Also my Icon gloves (tarmac, I think) have started to shred at the wrists. I guess you get what you pay for [V]

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.