1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
24 Posts
This is what is wrong with our country. It's not my perfect son's fault, it is the manufacturer's or the dealership's, but not my baby boy. I am sorry for her loss but the fault belongs solely on the 20 year old kid who bought a motorcycle he was not mature enough to ride..

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
that's quite a silly read.

"accelerated down the street, smiled back at his friends and turned around to see a semi-truck turning in front of him.
On a normal motorcycle, that would have been fine, but with the acceleration rate of a crotch rocket, Valdez was going too fast to stop"

“When he gunned it, it was like a bullet. This was just a senseless death.”

“When I started to look into all of the facts, I found myself shocked and bewildered,” Martin said. “Max did not have a motorcycle endorsement on his license. When I realized it was Texas law that you have to have one to ride a bike, I wondered why it had not been enforced the day he bought the bike. I called the dealership and asked them about it. The salesman informed me that although it was state law, it was not the responsibility of the dealership to check.”

and this one is my favorite, i wonder where she pulled these numbers out of her ass... “I found that your life expectancy drops to five years from the day you buy the bike, in most cases to six months,”

·
Premium Member
14,851 Posts
When people shoot themselves or are shot by others...it was the gun's fault or the gun maker's fault. Crash a bike you have no business riding? It's OBVIOUSLY the manufacturer's fault. Get a girl pregnant...it's the penis's fault, so no more penis's.

What the fuck ever happened to personal responsibility? Anything when used irresponsibly can kill you.

Reminds of something a friend told me, he is a watercraft mechanic. He said when you decrate a new jetski, you have to put the decals, etc. on it. One of them says "DO NOT INSERT GENITALS INTO NOZZLE". The very fact that sticker was there tell some fucking retard stuck his cock in the jetski nozzle, sucked up some gravel and was maimed.

People are stupid and irresposible but that doesn't make their death anyone's fault other than their own. If the bike had blown up randomly at a stop light, sure it's the manufacturer's fault. Riding like an idiot and crashing...not so much. He slid 280 feet AFTER impact...how fucking fast was this squid going?

EDIT: OOOOH...and what about the truck manufacturer? I mean, if they didn't make those things so big and heavy and made of metal, hitting one wouldn't hurt so much.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I agree Bob, people do not accept responsibility anymore.

From the article
. “Max did not have a motorcycle endorsement on his license. When I realized it was Texas law that you have to have one to ride a bike, I wondered why it had not been enforced the day he bought the bike.
What does she mean enforced when he bought it? She should wonder why did mr perfect not have a license?

that night was Valdez was riding a crotch rocket for the first time.
That speed is what killed Valdez.
At 11:45 p.m., he went out with two friends, accelerated down the street, smiled back at his friends and turned around to see a semi-truck turning in front of him.
Showing off and not paying attention, well that is not good either. Motorcycles fault.

He did the only thing he could to try to save his life, dropping the motorcycle and trying to slide under the semi.
How do you know?

sliding 280 feet before he stopped.
To slide 280 feet is a lot, wonder how fast he was going on that residential street?

But this isn’t a bike. Those things will go zero to 60 in four seconds.”
Umm yes it is, it is called a sportbike. A Ferrari can hit 60 in 4 seconds, is it not a car?

“I also realized there are not speed governors put into these bikes, and they go off the lot able to reach speeds of 125 to 140 mph.”
Ummm many cars can also hit triple digit speed limits, a car can do 90mph or 300 mph, it does not matter. Why you ask? We have speed LIMITS, something your son did not follow that day.

Martin said in a country that has laws limiting everything from smoking and drinking to buying guns, she was stunned to learn there were no laws regulating crotch rockets
Yes there is, you need to be licensed and follow all traffic laws which includes posted speed limits. Both which your son neglected.

“Some form of our government needs to start paying attention,”
They do, see above.

You can’t build a bike that goes 150, you can’t make them go zero to 60 in four seconds.”
Can they build guns that can shoot 20 bullets in a few seconds. They can build anything, you need to learn proper and responsible use.

·
Registered
356 Posts
:Laughing rolling::Laughing rolling::Laughing rolling:

Is this article real???!

I like how they continue to call the motorcycle a "crotch rocket" throughout the article LOL!

He was used to riding dirt bikes, and first of all wasn't paying attention to where he was going, sounds like he wasn't wearing a helmet, and probably used a ton of rear brake causing the bike to lay down instead of using the front brake to stop.

I feel sorry for the family and friends, but jeez, this mom is completely ignorant.

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
It wasn't her sons fault but everyone else's fault.

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
This reminds me of the same incident a guy did in my city. Acclerated hard, hit a bump, lost control slammed head first into a tree, mom blames bike and roads...

·
Premium Member
14,851 Posts
Oh yeah...how about the suing the city for not making roads out of bubble wrap? How about suing the arborists for not planting softer trees? Lets sue the helmet manufacturer for not building in a HUD with auto pilot and radar.

I'm going to rant about this all day now. So sick of people assigning blame to everyone but themselves. Video games made johnny kill. The motorcycle killed johnny. The gun makers killed my son. The airbag maker killed my unrestrained baby. The tire company killed my family by not making my SUV tire safe when under inflated and driven at speeds exceeding the tire ranting and road conditions.

/me spins off into a mad rant

·
Registered
768 Posts
She's doing a bang up job of pointing the blame everywhere other than the real cause. Maybe he learned by example how to avoid accepting responsibility for one's actions? So in effect this might be all her fault?:dunno:

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Oh yeah...how about the suing the city for not making roads out of bubble wrap? How about suing the arborists for not planting softer trees? Lets sue the helmet manufacturer for not building in a HUD with auto pilot and radar.

I'm going to rant about this all day now. So sick of people assigning blame to everyone but themselves. Video games made johnny kill. The motorcycle killed johnny. The gun makers killed my son. The airbag maker killed my unrestrained baby. The tire company killed my family by not making my SUV tire safe when under inflated and driven at speeds exceeding the tire ranting and road conditions.

/me spins off into a mad rant

I emailed the editor with my opinions, you all should too.

·
fap-o-caster
50,488 Posts
dios fing mios. Doesn't say if he was even wearing any gear. Then you factor riding at night where your risk goes up 20x's just because of the low light. It had to be a liter bike, and if that was his first 'street' bike and that's a mistake right there too. These things DO NOT rocket off by themselves, it's up to the RIDER to be easy with the throttle, if you can't or don't know how to be gentle when you need to be (i.e. in residential areas and at night) then a sportbike probably isn't the thing for you. I only have so much sympathy for the mother.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Damn that's ridiculous - I understand how after someone dies you want to talk about all their good so they're obviously not gonna be at his funeral and say 'What moron would take a bike at illegal speeds most likely with no helmet and no license?" but that pretty much sums up the truth. That mom is probably hiding even more of the story and it's her own fault - it's her son and she neglected to look into bikes BEFORE he hopped on it for his first fucking day

·
Registered
356 Posts
Remind me, I need to talk to my mom and let her know if anything ever happens to me on the bike that it's not the bike's fault or the manufacturer's fault, it was either me being stupid (which I try not to be) or a stupid driver.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Yea... But how could it possibly be his fault that he wasn't paying attention on a bike that he didn't know how to ride and he pushed it passed his capabilities? Oh I know. It's because the bike was capable of doing so much more than he was capable of doing and it just took over and went on a wild rampage killing anyone and anything around. I mean what with it's fierce acceleration and tha ability to do over 150 mph and all. This thing was just a beast in sheeps clothing set free on poor little Jhonny by some big bad murder at the motorcycle dealorship.

·
Registered
6 Posts
:eek: this kids mother is an idiot.
no disrespect, it is a terrible thing to happen.

she wants the government to regulate her son.. well he didnt have a license and the gov says he cant ride !

how about her regulating her own son:rolleyes:, maybe look into what hes buying.. or checking to see if he should be riding on the street in the first place ? maybe she should have sent him to his room with NO tv or dinner that nite.

in closing its the mothers fault for speading her legs for a crotch rocket to make a crotch rocket rider, if he wasnt born then he couldnt have died riding a "crotch rocket".

CROTCH ROCKET !!

·
Registered
10,037 Posts
while its very sad what happened to her son, she's moronic to blame the bike, that reminds me of the ppl that think guns kill ppl, like they really have auto pilot, there were reasons that this happened to him
#1: Inexperience
#2: lack of maturity (gauged by his "looking back at friends")
#3: Lack of knowledge of his surroundings
#4: Insufficient licensing & skill
#5: Gear??

To blame the motorcycle is a cop out for her sons irresponsibility, again its tragic for the loss of a family member, but that is why ppl need to learn about these machines before they hop on one to show off for their friends.

1 - 20 of 104 Posts