Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about getting a trailer soon for track and vacation. Anybody out there have 'em and reccommend any particular brand or style. Also, some pics to help the decision making would be great.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
521 Posts
I like the Toyota ones ....

great gas mileage ... can keep the over drive engaged ... 22mpg on the highway.
keeps the bike and all the tools, spare tires, and parts you could possibly need ... dry and safe ...

then converts to a cabin with a queen size bed for camping when you unload the bike ... :)

love mine .... [8D]

·
Premium Member
521 Posts
I also own a chinese 4x8 metal frame utility with plywood sheets bolted down and 12" wheels I sometimes use ... the mini has a towing package ... $300 off ebay ... great for one bike. I did upgrade to 6 ply 1028lb load tire ... 2056lb max load. $100 new tires and wheels ... SouthEastern Tire is d shiz ... upgraded hitch and locks $45 ...

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
it's hard to beleive that a sienna gets 22 mpg, expecially not loaded. The suspension on those things is weak, the suspension on minivans in general are very weak. They're soft for the comfort of those in the back seat, doesn't it bottom out?

·
fap-o-caster
50,488 Posts
won't the top of the windscreen scrape the roof or top of the hatchback when unloading/loading. Guess you'd have to let her cool down enough after a hard days riding before putting her in there, ambient radiative heat in small space (even with ac on) gonna be an oven!

strat

·
Registered
702 Posts
I've got a 6x12 single axle that I've really enjoyed. Not real heavy but with no brakes. I stole this one for $1200.00. Just had to paint the front end and added the decals myself. I also added the tile floor and fixed the inside the way I liked it.

·
Premium Member
521 Posts
Originally posted by BcVulcan
I've got a 6x12 single axle that I've really enjoyed. Not real heavy but with no brakes. I stole this one for $1200.00. Just had to paint the front end and added the decals myself. I also added the tile floor and fixed the inside the way I liked it.
bro ... cool trailer .... nice work! I do track days and have thought about buying something similiar ... if I could find a deal like yours ... :D

the rv is a 205 hp six? I get 15-22mpg depending on the load ... pulling a trailer or kayaks on top takes a toll ... but good power and ride even when loaded ... factor the 200lbs of seats you remove to get the bike in ... not much different from carrying three passengers and gear.

·
Registered
389 Posts
I've got one of the Harbor Freight clones (Northern Tool) I picked up from a guy used. So far it's worked well for the two track days I've hauled my bike to.

·
Registered
857 Posts
I also use my van to transport my bike works great...

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
what do u fellas think about the trailers that just slide into the hitch and hold the bike airborne? I've seen pics and they look like they'll be easier to use. I don't mind not having to pay the SOS more money just to tow a bike around. Idea's?

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Originally posted by Chicagois2
what do u fellas think about the trailers that just slide into the hitch and hold the bike airborne? I've seen pics and they look like they'll be easier to use. I don't mind not having to pay the SOS more money just to tow a bike around. Idea's?
I dont trust those

N

·
0 Posts
would it be a good idea to haul a sportbike on a "dirtbike trailer"?

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
UHaul is your friend.:D
if you dont want to hassle with buying a trailer and the associated maintenance you could always rent.

enclosed 4x8 is only $9.99/day

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.