Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was on my way to class this morning around 11 and i was driving east on a street called Tennessee, going west was a fellow rider (looked like a red250 that I had just met the other day actually seemed like a cool kid) anyway he's riding in the middle lane in a 3 lane road. someone tried to make one of those stupid left hand turns from the median that they allow in florida and he moved over to avoid the car and someone had pulled out from a gas station entering the far right lane and kaboom, hit the front driver side tire and flipped over and everything (posted limit is 40 so I assume he was going 40) traffic is backed up like no ones business since it was right next to campus and 30,000+ kids are trying to get to class today. I'll hopefully find out more with some internet searching but nothing yet. i hope the kid is alright

EDIT: i have no sense of direction so i changed that part...
EDIT: Got the update, he's a kid that lives in my neighborhood name is Giles. Rides a 2004 honda cbr its red so that why i thought it might be the 250 guy i met the other day.

now for the bad news. I've hung out with that kid at the pool in my apartment complex before and we talked bikes for a bit. One thing is was very firm on was helmets. He never wears one. so I'm sure you guys can take that for what it is. He had jeans a tshirt and sunglasses on when he hit the pavement. the outcome looks pretty grim. It sucks big time especially since I know the guy a little bit and he was a good kid. Prayers for his family and hopefully he actually pulls through and recovers.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
there is now a video ( just a news brief about the accident ) up sounds like the driver who was attempting to make the left is the one who actually hit him. There is a gas station that is there and his bike ended up in that lot with his books, shoes, and schoolwork flung all over the street. I can't say if he was geared up or not because it happened on the opposite side of me and probably 500 to 600 feet in front of me by the time i got there ( note iwas stuck on a hill in traffic for about 20 mins before i broke every law and went up the sidewalk so i could make the left to get to class ontime) never actually saw the kid just thebike and the two cars. I'll update the original post with the whole story which will be up sometimes later this evening i'm sure.

·
Where is hoser??
17,340 Posts
I was on my way to class this morning around 11 and i was driving east on a street called Tennessee, going west was a fellow rider (looked like a red250 that I had just met the other day actually seemed like a cool kid) anyway he's riding in the middle lane in a 3 lane road. someone tried to make one of those stupid left hand turns from the median that they allow in florida and he moved over to avoid the car and someone had pulled out from a gas station entering the far right lane and kaboom, hit the front driver side tire and flipped over and everything (posted limit is 40 so I assume he was going 40) traffic is backed up like no ones business since it was right next to campus and 30,000+ kids are trying to get to class today. I'll hopefully find out more with some internet searching but nothing yet. i hope the kid is alright

EDIT: i have no sense of direction so i changed that part...
Only in NJ are the drivers so incompetent that turning left is accomplished only by turning to the right first. (I don't know if you are joking about the left hand turn or not, but seeing your location I can only assume that you meant it in a serious manner)

Being from NJ, I'm surprised you know how to spell East, West, North, South......:D

I hope that the guy isn't too bad. Thoughts and prayers to his family and loved ones.

--David

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
haha yes grew up in jeresy jugghandles as I remember them never bothered me. For now I'm in Florida living with my dad and going to school in tallahassee.

My whole problem with the left hand turn lane is I've seen 4 really bad accidents and i've only been here 4 years. sometimes I'll go to the light just to make a uturn rather then cutting traffic. besides certain people in cars are invincible, or at least they feel that way. convenience wise, sure they work, but its dangerous

·
Where is hoser??
17,340 Posts
For the record, I have driven many miles in all 50 states. NJ has the worst drivers I have ever had to deal with.

Anything is/can be dangerous when you involve fucktards. (Here's a secret: Most drivers are fucktards)

I've been driving since I was 9. I am 25. I haven't ever turned in front of anyone. I haven't ever hit anyone. Pay attention to what you are doing, not the iPod, not the phone, not your pet, not your radio, not your make-up, etc.......

--David

I'm not bitching at you, just venting.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts