Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
An email from Keith Code...

Motorcycles on Discovery Channel, January 11 at 10:00PM EST, 7:00PM PST.

The first airing of the show "Macho Monuments" is set for Discovery Channel, Sunday, 11 January. Check your local listings of course.

The show was shot by ABC for Discovery and will be one hour in length. The California Superbike School will be one of four "macho" activities covered in the show.

ABC shot the Superbike School session following the AMA superbike races at Mid Ohio last July and I'm assured by the show's producer and its director that some very good footage will make it to viewers nationwide.

Keith
www.superbikeschool.com

PS: Here is a sales pitch.
We have a few sets of new Dunlop 208 GPs for $290.00. Call 800 530-3350 to order.
end of sales pitch.

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
i always miss the good bike shows, thanks for the heads up;)

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
discovery channel dissapointed me with their "look at the ducati 999" hardly anything good..:(

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
Great, it'll be a 2 minute blurb about sport bikes and then a whole 2 and 1/2 hours on choppers after that. I hate f'n choppers. That's all anyone in this country associates motorcycles with. If I hear "Born to be Wild" one more time I'm gonna kick somebody in the face. [}:)][}:)][}:)]

Sorry for the rant.

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
[:M60] death to choppers!! i swear i'm half-inclined to take a sack of bricks to the bike show and huck em at harleys and choppers...hopefully they'll bounce and nail some fat assed harley dumbass

·
Registered
605 Posts
Have you seen most of the chopper and Hardley riders? They would play hell catching us lean and mean sportbikers. About 5 strides and they'd be on their asses sucking air. [xx(]

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just passing along information. I'm expecting the show to miss the point of sportbiking completely. They always have to twist the story to make it interesting in their eyes.

A local reporter attended the Keith Code superbike school here 2 years ago. I talked with him a bit and hoped he would print a positive piece on motorcycling. Something like how schools can improve the skills of the students and make them better and safer riders. Instead he printed some mindless babble and focussed on the one person who crashed that day.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
That's the media for ya!

·
Registered
934 Posts
Originally posted by mred
That's the media for ya!
...Well yaaa. What would you print/report? ...a story about a contractor helping to build homes for the needy, or a house that went up in a 2 alarm blaze!? (Same thing here; motorcycle riding skills school, or a hideous wreck...) Ya it sucks, but it's all politics.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
So who caught the show last night? I was able to catch the 1 am version. They actually did a great job reporting on this. It was a one hour show with 15-20 minutes on each segment. They had amateur sportbike racers, pro racers (Zemke). Then they had monster trucks, weight lifters, and arm wrestlers (professional arm wrestlers - who knew?)

The piece on sportbikes was great. It really showed what trackday riding and amateur racing is all about...not doing it on the street...

Thumbs up to Discovery Channel for this one.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Originally posted by Speedvlaze
Never witnessed inbreeds in masses, have ya?:D
Hehe, Touché [:p]

Originally posted by mjahelka
I only watched the motorcycle segment. No complaints, other than it was too short.
Agreed. When they started showing the preview for the upcoming arm-wrestling segment, I thought "Is that it?".

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
i missed it. they will have a MTV true life "im a stunter" in the works pretty soon. i heard that over on www.stuntlife.com

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.