Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
(10/09/06 - KTRK/HOUSTON) - A motorcycle driver died on impact after falling 70 feet off an entrance ramp to the West Beltway.

Deputies report the man was going too fast when he tried to enter the Beltway from Highway 290 in northwest Harris County Sunday night. He apparently hit the wall on the sharp curve.

The momentum threw him off the motorcycle and over the wall. He fell 70 feet into a wooded area below.
(Copyright © 2006, KTRK-TV)

On the news they said that his rate of speed was too high and when he impacted the wall, he went over. Bike traveled over 100 feet, didnt say whether or not he had gear on. They show a clip of the bike and the reporter said it was a "suzuki racebike", looked like a 600 to me. Didnt have a lot of damage so he couldnt have hit the wall head on , just too much speed in the curve. May he RIP, dont push your limits guys.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
that's messed up... LEAN MAN, LEAN. I don't know the circumstances...but, I think of it as "i'd rather slide on the ground than hit that wall". I learned to lean as soon as I got on an onramp for the first time cause i was scared of smashing that wall

may he rest in peace

·
DEATH TO THE ISA!!!
10,796 Posts
RIP

Hopefully others will learn from this. Low-sides suck but it's certainly better than hitting a wall.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.