Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I'm seriously considering to trade my jardine exhaust for one of those motowerkz short pipe. Does anyone have these fitted with aftermarket headers. I have and i would like to know if it's loud. My jardine is pretty loud but i'm sure it will be a lot louder with this small pipe, especially since there is no packing. The air Is basically going to be comming out straight from the motor. I'd like to know if the patented cone (which they claim to reduced decibel is actually a valid patent). I dont want to be going from something loud to something extremely louder.

·
Registered
150 Posts
the "power cone" is a joke, it is a piece of perforated steel in the shape of a cone welded inside the pipe

it will be just as loud as it would be with the header only, so take your slip-on off and start it up.

·
Registered
625 Posts
nothing for nothing the powercone or baffle whatever they call it does make a difference with sound, i ran a straight pipe for about 30 minutes to test this and it does make the pipe a decent amount quieter and changes the sound of the exhaust.

·
Registered
69 Posts
nothing for nothing the powercone or baffle whatever they call it does make a difference with sound, i ran a straight pipe for about 30 minutes to test this and it does make the pipe a decent amount quieter and changes the sound of the exhaust.
agreed. the baffles do make it sound differnt. it has a deeper tone. had I known it was that simple to make I woulda made my pipe rather than paying for it. but as far as headers I think someone once said you would have to get an akra system to fit up to it but my plans are to just take it to a welder and get him to make a pipe inplace of the cat

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Yah I made a thread on this about 2 weeks ago. apparently your can take the yoshi headers and hook them up with motowerks. and then you can just sell the rest of the yoshi system thats not used as a slip on.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts