Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm in the process of installing my radar detector on my '03 zx6r and already tapped a source for power in my headlight. I am debating on weather to mount the radar detector to my windscreen by drilling it or drilling the top of the cluster/mirror bracket. I dont see this interfering with the the bike at all but would like your opinions just in case. Here is a pic of where I would drill to mount an angled strip of metal for the radar detector to attach.

·
Registered
310 Posts
would vibrate and brek over time....not a good idea...buy a bike radar cost more but doesn't fuck up your stuff

·
Registered
527 Posts
I'll be picking up one soon, but I'm going to crack it open and rework it so the sensors will be remote...then I can mount it in a remote location out of sight...

GunRunner

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have a GPR damper so I cant use a stem mount:(. I think I am going to go against most of your guys advise. The mirror/cluster bracket is metal I think it will hold up. Btw, I will be able to disconnect the unit very easily so breaking the unit with aggressive riding wont be a problem.

·
Registered
136 Posts
on my r6 i just used velcro with adhesive on one side. put one on the v1 one on the fairingstay. Hasn't given me any problems, just use good velcro

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yeah that is a good idea coldaccord, that would work great! I need to go find some strong velcro somewhere, any ideas on where to get some Velcro in CALI???

·
Registered
520 Posts
Originally posted by landon
I have a GPR damper so I cant use a stem mount:(. I think I am going to go against most of your guys advise. The mirror/cluster bracket is metal I think it will hold up. Btw, I will be able to disconnect the unit very easily so breaking the unit with aggressive riding wont be a problem.

Not to worry fellow GPR users there is a mount and it works great. Ordered it from radarbusters.com Also have a remote warning lights mounted under the tach, works slick as hell.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.