Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about lowering my 2003 636 about 1.25 inches with the muzzy links, but I'm curious to see how it will look and handle. Can any of you guys tell me how adversely lowering your '03 affected the handling? I don't want to lower it if it's going to screw up the handling...

Thanks for any help in advance,
David C.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Pics won't do any justice. If you want, get the lowering links and you could always put it back up to stock height if you don't like it. It won't screw up the handling, but it it will take a little to get used to. Mine is lowered an inch and I love the way it handles. You wouldn't think it's much, but having the center of gravity a little lower (to me) feels great.

·
Registered
19 Posts
im puttin my muzzy lowering links on today, ill let u know how i like it im going to put it in the middle setting, i drag race it so i need to lower it ,

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
LOWER!!!??!?!?!?!??!??!

Damn, I just raised the rear ride height on mine 2mm, I guess going around corners isn't something you're after though.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Where can I buy these muzzy link things to lower my (future) bike? Is there a website? I have sat on what will eventually be my baby, and it sits about 1-2 inches too high for me. I'm 5'8" and wouldn't be able to back out of parking spots and stuff. How do you install the links? Is it easy? Thanks!

·
Registered
512 Posts
look I am 5'5" and I have mine at stock height, I won't lower it, if I go into a space I take agood look at down hill up hill, then depending on the space pull in or back in, but if I have to I will get off of the bike and pull it out of the spot, not A problem, but 90% of the time I can tip toe it out of the space.

·
Registered
689 Posts
The diamond site doesnt list the 2003 ZX6R?? How easy are these things to install? Do tehy lower the front and back of the bike?

·
Registered
239 Posts
Originally posted by duh1nonly

The diamond site doesnt list the 2003 ZX6R?? How easy are these things to install? Do tehy lower the front and back of the bike?
yeah, that site doesn't list it, but they have it if you call them up. it is very simple to install these. as far as installation goes, do a search; alex has posted detailed instructions on here.

and i can post up pics of my bike that is lowered about 2" if anyone wants to see pics.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Hey Silver, I would like to see pics of your lowered 2" Ninja. Did you have to do anything to your kickstand?

·
Registered
239 Posts
Originally posted by duh1nonly

Hey Silver, I would like to see pics of your lowered 2" Ninja. Did you have to do anything to your kickstand?
yeah, i actually did have to modify the kickstand a little bit. i took it to a welding shop, all they had to do was heat it up and bend it out a little; no cutting and welding required. :)

i'll take some pics tonight b/f i go out riding...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Now I can see just the kickstand...speaking of the kick stand, won't that sink into the asphalt alot easier being like that?

·
Registered
751 Posts
Won't have any difference in ride comfort. I have mine lowered 4 in and I love it. Lowered the forks in the triple trees so you can still take it through the twisties if you wanted to. Get the diamond lowering links though. you can lower your bike 2,3,or 4 in. Looks nicer and is sturdier than muzzy. But if you want muzzy go to www.muzzy.com and they can hook you up.

·
Registered
16 Posts
i was wondering if your bottom of the fairing scrapes any being lowered 4 in. Also how does it do with someone on the back. i just bought the diamond links and are putting them on soon.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi - newbie here. I was really glad to see this topic, being a mere 5'3. I just purchased, but haven't yet picked up, the 04 636. Lowered of course. I did look into both Muzzy and Diamond Links, and went with Muzzy. I didn't see this discussed here, but the reason I went with Muzzy is because their two adjustment options are 2.5 and 1.25. With Diamond, it's either 2 or 4. Lowering it 4" would be great, but I decided to compromise.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.