Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
626 was a LOT of fun to ride, but it was time to get a bike that bends space/time. R1 is scaring the bejezzus aout of me!

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
congratulations on the beautiful bike! the biggest issue i had with the thing is keeping the front wheel down. that and shifting it like a 600. i was going 60 mph and kept searching for the needle, which was sitting WAY too low for the tach. it's a lot of fun isn't it? i hate to admit it, cause i'm a die hard 600 guy, but that bike was a blast on the track. 1st gear seemed a little too tall for my liking, but it comes with the literbike territory i suppose. i guess i'll hafta make do!:D

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by crjbeez
congratulations on the beautiful bike! the biggest issue i had with the thing is keeping the front wheel down. that and shifting it like a 600. i was going 60 mph and kept searching for the needle, which was sitting WAY too low for the tach. it's a lot of fun isn't it? i hate to admit it, cause i'm a die hard 600 guy, but that bike was a blast on the track. 1st gear seemed a little too tall for my liking, but it comes with the literbike territory i suppose. i guess i'll hafta make do!:D
Yeah, I'm noticing the luggy feeling when taking off from a standstill, as a matter of fact it almost sounds like it pings a little. I still havent gotten it up past 9500 rpm.

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
So does this mean you are still keeping the 636?
as that would be moving up in the world, not just getting another bike..
The R1 is a good bike and i even have thought of adding one to the stable..but 1 its a yamaha? better then suzuki for sure...

The 636 is almost the prefect blend, if ony she had 130rwhp and came with Ohlins from the factory she would be perfect.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Truely! I am keeping both, or rather I'm giving the 636 to the chick, so I still have access.

If I had my druthers Id get a 750, but I'm not to fond of th GSXR right now, so I wnet with the R1.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.